View Single Post
Old 11/29/2007, 03:49 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Quote:
Originally posted by LISound
What are you keeping your DKH and CA at?
Do you feed a lot?
My Ca is just under 400 at the worst. My corals started taking off recently, so my Ca levels dropped. I think my tank just went through that 6-9 month organic cycle, since its 7 months old, but set up with rock and sand from previous tanks. I use a korallin reactor, so its usually 400-450 on the Ca, and my dKH is steady at 8.2-8.5 . I used to feed more, and this is when the ethanol made the largest impact.

I had a rash of bacterial/prota/parasites??? which killed off 7 of my 8 solar fairy wrasses. I also lost a striated tang (where it went, nobody knows). So my load is about 1/2 what it normally is. I do feed pretty nicely though... pellets in the morning (spectrum), and then again at night sometimes. I put nori on the veggi clip daily for the 3 tangs (purple tang, yellow tang, pac blue tang), and then feed rod's reef almost every evening for the fish, snails, corals, etc. And then, after the lights go off, Ill dump some KENT phytoplex, zooplex, mocrovert food, chromaplex, or DT's phyto in the tank (whatever is on hand).

My skimmer hasnt been putting out what it once was, but its still putting out very well. It fills every 2-3 days (2 if wet, 3 if set dark). If I stop ethanol, I do notice it with the skimmate... it just doesnt get as much.

I will be getting my fish load back up to where it once was though... I have a half dozen lineatus wrasses and a magnificent foxface on the way. Oh, and a bunch of metallic maxima clams (12 actually). So my system will be at full capacity again soon.

Regards,
Jon