View Single Post
Old 11/28/2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Okay, so I have accepted the disaster, and I am moving on. I'll post up today's parameters later this afternoon.

What I did;
- took out about 1/4 of a 5g bucket of SPS skeletons.
- removed 4 clams
- added Prime to the water to combat the ammonia (preventative)
- added in new nitrate, and phosphate sponges (preventative)

What I am going to do:
- water changes at 5g a day to avoid shocking the system any more
- keep feeding the fish a variety of foods to try and keep their immune systems strong.
- add more rock to the system. Even though I only have 4 more gallons of total water volume, my tank looks empty with my existing rock.

So after all is said and done I'm now searching out and making a list of what I would like to re-stock my system with in the future. I'm thinking I probably won't be adding anything until at least the new year so I have some time to plot it all out.

I know I would like to aquire more clams, dersa, crocea, and squamosa, etc. I also know that I would like to replenish my SPS collection, and possibly add a few softies for contrast.

Provided all my fish survive this unexpected disaster, I won't be adding anything for fish. I will most likely add additional clean up crew members though. Most likely more snails, a second fire shrimp, and possibly another cowry or two.

I've decided that I will post the photos, just because there may be something to learn from this, even if I can't readily identify it.