View Single Post
Old 11/27/2007, 10:42 AM
Premium Member

kafudaFish, are talking about having a RDSB 4-5 feet high, and only 4" in diameter? I believe it was discussed earlier in this thread that anything over 15 inches or so deep is moot, so it seems like it would be a waste of sand. Also, 4" diameter is not much surface area, (12.5 sq in) and won't likely make much of an impact on your tank. Furthermore, providing flow to this RDSB which does not stir up such a small surface area may be difficult as well.
If you do choose to try this route, might I suggest only making the sand bed about 12" deep, and place a cap on the bottom of the PVC at this height. you could then use the rest of the 4-5' length of pvc to act as a stand for the shorter section to sit on, allowing it to be above the height of your tank.
I think you would be better off building a small pedastal or stand next to your tank and using a 5 gallon bucket as mentioned throughout this thread for much better results.
good luck!

What's green and fuzzy, has 4 legs, and if it fell out of a tree it could kill you?

A pool table.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.