View Single Post
Old 11/26/2007, 09:27 PM
master of junk mail

I borrowed from COMAS's rules a bit, they were well written. Slight revamp from last year's rules.

GIFT EXCHANGE RULES
1) Each person participating should bring 1 wrapped or bagged gift (gift should not be visible). If the item is bagged (coral, etc.), label what the item is on its holding bag, but not visible until unwrapped.

2) With your registered gift you will receive a number or ticket which will be used to determine the order in which presents are picked.

3) Once all gifts have been registered the game shall commence with the first name being drawn and that person getting his/her choice of gift from the table of random-mystery presents. Then they unwrap it for all to see

4) After the first gift has been selected, the next name is called and that person will have two choices: They can either A: Choose a new gift from the table of gifts, or B: Steal another's gift. In the event that a gift has been stolen, the losing party will have their choice of a new gift from the table, or to steal another gift with the limitation that they cannot steal back the gift that was just stolen from them. A single gift can only be stolen a total of 3 times before it is literally "off the table" and no longer eligible to be stolen. Each present shall be unwrapped at the time it's received to assist in the stealing process.

DETAIL RULES:

A) Gifts should be aquarium related (frag, dry goods, inverts, books, etc.)

B) Items should be in clean and in working order (for equipment and used items)

C) No gag gifts

D) All gifts will need to be registered prior to the event commencing, show up early enough to get this done. I'll keep track of who won what (help me out with this) so we can show off to those who didn't participate.