View Single Post
Old 11/25/2007, 05:28 PM
Genuine reef addict

Bryopsis Killer?

Rue - sounds like you have magic water in the tank! Strange, but I think I've had the same thing happen to me. I figured that between filling the new fuge and acclimating the Foxface yesterday that I could skip my weekly water change without feeling guilty. I did, however, have to make up SW for next week, then about 10g of RO/DI. I still had to suffer through the worst part - lifting & carrying 5g buckets & bottles. Pictures - yes! Let's see the new cutie!

The Foxface is out & about today & all over the tank. An active fish and difficult to get a nice picture of. I think I'll try it with the flash next time to stop his motion.

The GOOD NEWS - I twice today saw the Foxface pulling off & eating strands of bryopsis! I hope he keeps that up. Even if he just eats a piece here & there it will all add up.

I was a bit concerned about the fish's eyes - they have a dull look to them. I did some searching and found a few articles that this is normal: "..... It is normal for Foxface to appear to have a slight haziness or "cataract-like" appearance to the eyes when the light hits them just right." I also saw one mention that they'll even eat bubble algae.