View Single Post
Old 11/25/2007, 10:07 AM
68 dead fish and counting

Quote:
Originally posted by usmc121581
Tell you the truth I dont buy or will I buy anything for my saltwater tank from PETCO. Until they know how to take care of there tanks.
Stepping up onto soapbox:

I'm pretty tired of so many people painting with such a broad brush. I buy most of my fish from Petco in South Bend, Indiana because it's one of the BETTER stores around. And no, it's not that every other store is VERY bad.

When I first moved to the area I did my usual tour of all the fish stores, looking at the condition of their tanks and fish, and asking the employees my "test" questions to see how knowledgable they are. The Petco people had reef tanks at home and knew their stuff. I've even sold them (the employees as tank owners, not Petco) some of my coral frags.

I've seen many bad fish stores, some of them Petco's, but many of them not. I can tell you that the most atrocious conditions I've seen are never in Petco's, but always the smallish corner fishstore. And this Petco at least, and likely more, doesn't deserve your bad rap.

Nothing personal here. I see the "I don't like Petco" thought quite a bit, and this thread just happened to be the one I responded to.

Getting down off soapbox.

Last edited by Hal; 11/25/2007 at 10:13 AM.