View Single Post
Old 11/18/2007, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

I spent 2 weeks in Puerto Rico last summer. We dove off the main island, but flew over and stayed on Vieques 2 nights and went to the biobay. My daughter and I also took a powercat out of Fajardo to Culebra, where we snorkeled in the marine preserve and went to Culebrita for a couple of hours. The snorkeling was fantastic. We leave July 19 '08 for Culebra for 7 nights followed by Vieques for 7 nights. Culebra Dive Shop is still on Culebra and owned by Walter and Monica. There is also another shop on island owned by Tazz. I do not know the name of the shop, but the reviews of his as the guide are wonderful. If you can, go the culebra website: islaculebra.com and do a search for diving and look at all the messages posted. We will be diving on both islands. I am hopeful that I do not see the coral dieoff on Culebra and Vieques that I saw on the main island. It was really sad. You will also find several links on the left side of the page that should lead you to the dive shops websites. I second going to the biobay on Vieques if you get a chance. Be sure and check the calendar to make sure it is a moonless night. I planned our trip based on the lunar calendar. Have a great time and be sure and post a trip report on the Culebra website when you return.
Vicki in Tennseess