View Single Post
Old 11/16/2007, 07:24 AM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by fishdoc11
Probably need to specify which shrimp
Gasman claims peppermints work but take 24 hours to do the job and must be starved.
The people advocating Camel shrimp claim more than an hour or so is harmfull to the coral and no mention of a need to starve.

I also typically keep a couple of peppermints in my tanks for Aiptasia control and I had AEFW's so I know just a couple of peppermints in a tank won't eliminate them, they could have kept them in check a bit and I just didn't know it.

Chris
Chris like many of us for years now i've wondered what could take care of this critters and yes I swear by wrasses(yellow-radiants etc.)

About a month ago I stumbled into this and could not believe my eyes.

Separate qt tank full of peppermints upwards of 20-30. I did drop a cap that was infested with visible adults and watch them just instatnly go at it literally making the adults dissapear in seconds-FAST and after inspection(lupe) no eggs either hungry buggers they are when not fed. I assume they will also eat AEFW

Left 24 hrs in a qt tank that's properly conditioned I have no doubt that this will take care of any new comers as well as eggs.
Once this is done our usual pre display dips should only make things safer.For all kinds of pests this should most def work IMHO

I can only wonder if at all is possible that we by doing all of the pharmacological treatments are creating some sort of super nudis that eventually will beacome resistant to all of our dips.(sorry this is the doctor in me speaking now.)

I'm currently planning an upgrade and will most def setup a semi attached "qt" tank to do this to all my newcomers. After all u only need to see them sokers once in your lifetime to realize that one time is too many.

As well all know once in your system is just way to hard to erradicate u can just only hope to contain them