View Single Post
Old 11/15/2007, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

I have about 30 Peps or so in my large sump and about 20 or so in my main tank. We collect them locally here by the dozens.

I believe they might be breeding in my sump as I just noticed lots of smaller ones I haven't seen before. I do feed the sump regularly also.

I just had a nasty break out of Nudibranch's and they devasted my Montis. I trashed most of them as I just did not have the time, equipment nor the place to set up a quarantine tank.

The Peps did not help me in my case as far as I know and now that I have gotten rid of my large colonies I believe my Sixline can do it's job now and get to the remainder nudibranches. i know I haven't seen them for a few weeks, but it is also to early to tell if I won.

Could be because of what was mentioned in this thread, feeding the tank on a regular basis kept the peps happy. But even then I believe the peps would have gone after the nudibranches as you can just never feed a tank enough. Everything in it is always looking for food. So the peps would have taken the opportunity to eat the nudibranches if they had wanted to.