View Single Post
Old 11/15/2007, 08:18 AM
Membership Director/TBRC

Hope this is ok:

From Anthony Calfo

"Cheers, my friends

You are receiving this email because you are waiting for my new Book of Coral Propagation, or we chatted about it (dealers, club interests, etc). If I am mistaken or you don’t want to be contacted by email, please simply hit reply, type Remove in the subject field, and accept my apologies.

To all those otherwise interested… an update! J

Above all… let me ask anyone who’s email address (on pre-orders) has changed or will change before Christmas, to send me your updated mailing addy for the new book. Regarding the ETA, please allow me to summarize (though yes… by the grace of God it looks like we will still get this book before Christmas):

- it takes about 3-4 months to get a finished book from production, through pre-press to (body text) print, and then off to the bindery for covering
- after shipping (surface by truck and/or slow boat – literally - from overseas), we have to clear customs and then process the orders
- when we changed printers and upgraded the text (no extra charge to pre-order folks) to hardcover this past summer… it gave us a new ETA of Oct. 29th for the book to get to Los Angeles [it then has to truck to PA state for me to sign and send the pre-order copies]
- everything in the production sequence went smooth until the printed text got to the bindery. The bindery overscheduled and my new book sat in queue… delayed by another month. Arghhh!
- the pre-order folks and friends, myself… and now the dealers are chomping at the bit to get their hands on the book (good heaven’s… the Amazon.com prices on used copies of my first edition of this book are ridiculous! Flattering but ridiculous J)!
- Some dealers have begun to promote and take orders for the book… but note: all books come directly to me first, and all pre-order folks will get their books first! Mailers are sitting and ready to be posted immediately on the books’ arrival (and my signing them while hopped up on joint medication for a few days… ha!)

I dearly appreciate your patience and your reef hobby/science support. To reiterate… all pre-order folks get their books first (variously at the mercy of USPS holiday mail… but priority over days nonetheless).

We are now gunning for mid-December to ship the new edition. If you have any questions at all… please don’t hesitate to ask.

I will continue working on the new magazine in the interim and doing a bookless book tour at volunteer, hobby club events and coral propagation workshops.

with kindest regards, Anthony"