View Single Post
Old 11/12/2007, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Hahnmeister,
>>Okay, I have a pink prostrata with blue tips. This is the best example. I would have to keep it under at least 300, if not 400+ microMol/m2/s of light with halides for it to color up. If I put it in 250 or less, it would 'brown out'.<<

You're saying it lost pink color? Blue color? Both?

>>Under T5s, it was under 350 at most... at the very tips, and sometimes it was on the sand... and it turned neon.<<

Neon - meaning green fluorescence? Which T5s are you using? I did a lot of T5 work for Sunlight Supply years ago. That data is on the Conscientious Aquarist site. It would be interesting look at your spectral quality.

>>With the orange cap, funny you should mention... Since the new tank with the light mover, I put the deep neon blood red cap in a corner so it wouldnt bleach out or anything. Flow was pretty constant as it was in the 'backwash' from a Tunze stream. Anyways, it started to bleach out from the center/bottom out. The light level in the corner it was in was 100-180 (depending on light mover). I had to move it up the side of a rock, so it would get 400+ when the halide came over it. Now its coloring in darker and quickly regrowing... reverse of what I thought.<<

Did we calculate the light dosage on this 'mover', maybe a year ago? I'd like to re-visit the intensity numbers again.

Thanks-
Dana