View Single Post
Old 11/11/2007, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Well, here it is.
For one, I was more then pleased with the flow, I was considering going with 4 of the mods in my 360.
The built and construction of them was nice, I liked how they look and went together.
Wasn't a fan of suction cups, but I was going to super glue them to a magnet so no biggie there.

Here's were it went wrong R&D, or lack there of it.
For starters they should have never sold the club proto types again. If they had a product that wasn't shipping to stores, don't sell it for the user to test out. Saltwater tanks aren't cheap.
He did step up and offer the replacement prop so I shrugged it off.

Here's what went wrong with my pump, one of 300 or 150 that are out there, got two numbers back from him on pm's
I went away this weekend, while I was gone the power went out. I'm not sure when it went out all I no is I came back to flashing clock lights. when the power came back on the gs2 mod kit didn't restart, the powerhead (maxi jet 1200) stayed on and heated up. When I pulled the pump out it was almost to hot to hold, any hoter I would have dropped it. I did try to restart the pump by pulling it in again and turning it off and on a few times. i didn't turn back on any of the times. I took the kit apart and reinstalled it, it then turned back on. I have since removed it from my system.
I'm running a nonphoto softie tank, which I guess I'm Lucky I don't have a tank full of sps as I don't think they could of taken a jump in temp from 78 to 87. so far my tank looks fine I will post details if I start losing things due to this.
At this point in time, My thoughts on this mod. I wouldn't put one in my tank, I would ask for a refund if you bought one. To me, the amount I have invested in the tank isn't worth some cheap flow.
Just not worth it.
I was really pulling for these mods to work to
Erik