View Single Post
Old 11/11/2007, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

I'm getting bubbles from various location, every once in a while I still get 'hardy' bubble. The hardy one will open up and stay healthy even when i put it next to the 'weak' bubble. When it starting to recede sometimes is see brown curly string on the dying tissue. I've tried iodine dip, freshwater dip, antibiotic dip, putting sideways, inverted, low light low flow, medium light mild flow to no result, they just die. funny thing they never completely die, they expand fully for long time (2-6 weeks), perfectly healthy with no sign of stress whatsoever, then just recede, starting to rot and die but when there is only 10-30% healthy tissue left, the tissue recession just stop and the remaining 10-30% healthy tissue will do fine..for like forever...and it always happen after they do perfectly fine for quite some time. One of the fellow exporter in jakarta told me that it is related to high dKH. He told me that bubble coral cannot withstand high kh. It might b true since I maintained my farm's water parameter good enough to maintain SPS, but it just doesn't make sense. A fellow aquarist told me that kh have to be absolutely stable (high or low but stable), it sort of make sense, but my kh does not really swing, it only change a little when i perform water change. Based on previous experience bubble is a very hardy coral. What happen???? This case seems to be happen only to people who keep their water quiality SPS ready, since I have a friend who only keep cheap LPS with below optimum water quality and although his bubble loses its color it stays alive.....weird....