View Single Post
Old 11/07/2007, 03:48 AM
Registered Member

Nice list of wrasses. My large lineatus male had no issues with the other fairies, including a rubrimarginatus, who they are rumored to have difficulties with.

We have 4 conde's in one tank atm and while there has been some chasing there was no serious aggression.

I have kept laboutei with a broad range of wrasses with no aggression problems - none of the wrasse on your list are very similar in appearance, so I would not predict problems.

The only fairy I have had to remove for aggression was a C. filamentosus - he was fairly nasty. It wasn't that his attacks were at all brutal, it was just constant - every few minutes he was chasing someone new, often much bigger fish, and he just never seemed to get over it.

Your roseafascia will bet bigger than the rest.

I have a Vanuatu flame (C. bathyphilus) in with other fairies and he seems non-aggressive. He is similar in colour but different in shape (marginally) from the jordani - I think this might provide your biggest risk. Go with the breeder box acclimation.

Many of these are a fish-by-fish proposition and your mileage may vary. They are the finest fish available, and I wish you the best :-)

Cheers,
FW