View Single Post
Old 11/03/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

I've been a member for a little over 2 yrs and have made arrangements for folks to bring frags to me at the meetings. It has worked out well most of the time, but last meeting i had asked 2 people for some frags and and due to a 4 hr blackout it was looking like i would have to pull a no show at the meeting. I made last minute phone calls to a fellow reefer to at least explain the situation. Fortunately the power came back on and i made it there, but once again someone could get stuck holding the bag.

Also i know that most people i have met are extremely particular about their tanks and the animals in them, so to have someone pick out a fish for me or a specific colony and deem it healthy seems to be quite a stretch. I think sticking to dry goods is the best thing to do. Otherwise its gonna blow up in someones face, be it the buyer or Salty Critter or any other LFS that would take part in something like this. Come on, i know it takes me an hour or often more at Dan's to decide what i want!! Just another view....