View Single Post
Old 11/03/2007, 10:44 AM
I bleed orange and maroon

I'm pretty much 100% Atlantis now. I guess I've gotten to an advanced enough point in the hobby where I am looking for very specific corals, chemicals, and equipment which only Atlantis carries on a regular basis.

Joe has always been nice to me at FW, but he's the only one I'd buy anything from as I've had questionable experiences with their other employees trying mark up prices, or sell me sponges, exotic nudi's, sea apples, and other random things....I only go in there now to just look around and maybe get some snails b/c they don't ever have anything else I'm interested in.

But with that said my #2 store is in Roanoke, VA....called Ultimate Aquariums. Not near as big as either of the 2 Richmond super stores.....but has dirt cheap prices on fish and corals b/c its a 1-2 man operation with very little overhead. They also have more rare corals than all of the Richmond stores put together, and they could easily compete with some of the sponsors selling rare coral on RC. And they'll also order specific corals/fish for me as soon as I ask for it....which requires allot less visits and asking each week, "Do you have it in yet?" as I have to do allot at Atlantis.

With all that said, cleanliness goes along way to getting my business. If I walk in and the place reeks of wet/dry systems, and I see fish diseased and dead in the tanks......I'm allot less likely to buy anything.

Richmond Reef Club

GO HOKIES!!

Last edited by surfnvb7; 11/03/2007 at 11:25 AM.