View Single Post
Old 11/01/2007, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mr.stevebaer@ya
the cabinet is 14" wide...but 20" deep, so I guess talking about the stand it would be 20" wide and a 14" long cabinet. Here's the link to it

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...amily&keepsr=1

It has 2 cabinets and then an open middle, that's why i'm f-ed for a bigger sump
If this helps at all, I have that exact same stand, and had the same issues you had regarding whether or not to go with a sump because of the space. This is what I did, and it has worked so far at least.

I run 2 canister filters. I don't use media in the canisters, however, I do have a few pounds of LR in both of the canisters. I do at times run carbon in one of my canisters, but not always. I have TONS of pods in my canisters as a result. I also have a HOB skimmer Remora Pro, for skimming purposes.

I in no way am saying this is better then having a sump/refugium, but it worked for me, and it's a lot cheaper then getting that refugium you're looking at. Just a thought. Good luck. Those stands are nice to look at, but I have found they really aren't condusive to a reef system
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Fire Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp