View Single Post
Old 10/25/2007, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Rufus you're the man! This was all you... the first one you see and you catch it! What a day... and you even had time to help that fellow diver out! One story I forgot to add for you guys... after all of this craziness, right before going into port we came upon another fish collector's boat and realized one of the divers was bent pretty bad... Between the three rebreather divers they had some pure O2 and 50/50 O2/air to help this guy out... Rufus himself went down to about 20 feet with this guy and sat with him there for an hour as he offgased... all this with the personatus in the boat. The guy was an experienced collector but was very shaken up as he'd never been bent before like that... hopefully the efforts of the team saved this guy from a date with the deco chamber and a multiple thousand dollar bill as he didn't have insurance... I thought that was a cool story and it shows that these guys help out regardless of the $$$ they have in the livewells below...

That is an extremely cool thing to do for someone. Especially with that fish sitting on the boat.

Hey Rufus how deep have you taken that Rebreather?

-B