View Single Post
Old 10/24/2007, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

quarantine setup suggestions

Well, I think I'm going to have to break down and do the right thing by setting up a quarantine tank. I picked up a kole and scopus tang (aboslutely love the kole by the way) recently, and they have both fallen prey to ick. No sign of it in my tank prior to adding them, so I assume it came with them.

Can someone give me some pointers on a simple quarantine setup? Just a 20long, some PVC pipe for decoration, and a heater, or do I need something more elaborate?

Can I break it down when not in use, and then just set it back up when I need to add fish? Any sand or live rock needed if I do frequent water changes? I'm assuming that if I use copper in the future, I shouldn't have live rock in the QT tank. The QT tank will be in the basement, so will temp variation due to it being in an unheated basement be a real problem for fish? Any kind of lighting suggestions - would a simple PC setup be okay?

Any feedback/thoughts/suggestions on a simple setup that can go in a basement would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!