View Single Post
Old 10/22/2007, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

This thread is awesome. It has taken some time to read but I think it is a must for everyone. I am going to give it a try. I will be moving in a month. I am going to start slowly siphoning out my sand. This will help me for the move anyways. Is there any way to make the dirty sand clean so I can save it for a future RDSB? After the move I will start the tank using the RUGF with about 3"-4" of rubble on top ranging in sizes from 1"-3". I have been looking to do I have been lokking to do something to help create a more natural environment. This will help provide a more constant food source. I have alos had problems keeping my sand clean and white so this should help. Is everyone employing this system drawing their water that is pumped into the rubble from a sump or the display tank? I feel that if it is pulled from the display, when you feed, it will just push some of the food into the rubble. I am thinking of having 2 returns from my sump. One to feed above and one to feed below to make sure there is oxygen for everyone. Any thoughts on this?

As far as coral and fish go, anyone have good suggestions for a 29 gal? I have a couple of montis, zoos, rics, and leathers. I only have one true perc and one royal gramma.