View Single Post
Old 10/21/2007, 01:08 AM
Registered Member

I got my Precision Marine refugium and skimmer (a beckett skimmer), as well as an Iwaki pump for the skimmer and an ocean runner return pump for ~$300 used as a package. It was a pain in the butt to clean that stuff up, but it was worth it.

I have an Aquactinics TX5 on order right now and through e-mail conversations with the owner of Aquactinics, I don't believe an IceCap ballast will be necessary for anything I would want in my tank including SPS corals and clams. Also, the IceCap ballasts will not the TX5> This must be the fixture you're talking about because it's the only 5-bulb 48" fixture on the market.

You said the tank is reef ready; that means it has an internal overflow.

One thing you didn't mention, and this is REALLY important. What are you going to do about purified water? I tried using the local fish store(LFS) for Ro/DI water for a long time. It became a huge pain so I bought my own RO/DI system. I'd highly suggest doing the same. I went down to the LFS and I've got essentially the same set up that they've got now. (Actually, I think mine's a little better!)

As far as the Koralia's go, I think they're great. #2's work really well in my 72.

READ CAREFULLY: The Aqua controller Junior does not come with a pH probe, that is sold separately. The temperature probe however, is included from what I just read on their site.

Then, of course we have the question of how you're going to handle carbonate hardness/calcium/ph, etc... I'll leave that for someone else. I'm still new (been doing this for about 2 1/2 years now)