View Single Post
Old 10/17/2007, 03:05 PM
Premium Member

some great tips here for scaping.

I will be starting a new tank sometime january, and will most likely be cycling the tank with a huge amount of uncured live rock.

I am betting that during the cycle month I will rearrange my rock many times! I am going to rearrange as much as it takes to make me happy with the results, and hopefully that way once I actually get corals I won't have to change as much.

I'll probably get a few different kinds of LR to ensure i don't end up with unstackable boulders. Also considering mixing a few man-made arch-shaped rocks so that I will be guarenteed to get the right piece for cool stacking.

My favorite design is with 3 seperarate 'mini stacks', one at each corner, and one in the center. They each will have at least 1 arch connecting to the back wall.

but if you are not happy with your aquascaping, I definitely vote to change it! I know how a small thing like that can get under your skin, and over time turn into a subtle kind of despise for your tank until you change it

Also, I really love how the current TOTM used PVC to make rock pillars. I think I will experiment with this technique some.