View Single Post
Old 10/04/2007, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Woz9683; the overall box dimensions are 42"L. x 4"W. x 6"D. The distance between each of the overflows is 10.5" (2) 1" drains on each side and a 3/4" return in the middle. I did some searching around and I think I found the thread that you mentioned to check out for the overflow teeth is this what you were talking about?

http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=90

I have ordered the bulkheads and plan on water testing the whole system in my garage before moving it into the house just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally posted by woz9683
Hey Dazed, I got your PM and thought I'd reply in the thread. What are the dimensions on everything? The back wall of the tank is 1/2", the box 3/8" but with 1/2" bracing strips? Also, the distance between the two overflows is 6" or 8"?

Overall, I think that's going to work just fine for you though. Obviously most of the stress is going to be taken by the section where the back wall meets the top, but the bottom of the overflow box should reduce or eliminate any bow in the back wall. I would definitely water test it for about a week (or more if you have time while finishing up the stand) just to make sure all the joints are sound.

Also, I wouldn't glue the strips in place over the overflow slots. If you really want teeth of some sort there, you should check out jnarowe's thread in the large tank forum. He has these removable overflow teeth that are very cool. It's like a comb, a big long row of teeth all attached to a single base, and then the base sits in this little channel so the teeth stick up. The whole thing is a single removable piece (making cleaning nice and easy). The little channel (which would be attached to the overflow box side of your overflows) is the only thing that is permanently attached. I want to say he posted pics of them in a thread other than his, but I'm sure if you asked he'd give you a link or a couple pics.