View Single Post
Old 09/26/2007, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

The light is way high as the corals just came out of QT from under my ghetto shop light (left side of FTS). The rest were at the bottom of my display under 14K. The 10K puts out more PAR and I don't want to burn any of the corals. As soon as I get the 14K this weekend, I'll start dropping the fixture. It’s being held up by pieces of wire so adjusting is easy as replacing with a longer length.

I'm going to raise the water level in the sump too. That's why the heater is in the tank. I've been too lazy to get more NSW. I've been getting 40 gallons a week for my display, QT and this tank. I guess I'll make one extra trip this weekend.

The tank is level as you can see the water just under the front rim. I guess I should have rotated the picture 1 degree before cropping. As soon as the QT next to the tank is empty, I'll center the light bar and it will appear more symmetrical. I bought a few more zoas that need a few weeks more isolation.

As for the skimmer, I won't run a tank without one. The G3 is probably overkill but the price was right. I got it from a fellow reefer here on RC.

I'm going to put a piece of cloth in the front in lieu of doors to hide all the equipment.

The tank and stand came from OC Aquatic at the end of Reefapalooza. It was cheap because they did not want to haul it back to the shop.

Now I have to find some uncommon frags to grow out to colonies.