Thread: Rotifers
View Single Post
Old 09/03/2007, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tedr
If all goes well, there are clown larvae to feed. If not, the corals in my 215 really enjoy the treat. Knock on wood, I've been able to carry a pretty good population in the containers. I'm beefing up numbers right now because of some clown eggs due to hatch Friday night.

As far as feeding, usually feed twice a day. I'll use DT or Reed
Mariculture's Rotifer Diet to beef up rotifers before feeding to fry. I'll also supplement with a mixture of flour, yeast, and fish food pellets blended with a hand blender. The rotifers pretty well clean it out of the water column, but it does have a tendency to crud the containers sooner, thus the water changes. This mixture is an economy thing, given the cost of DT and Rotifer Diet. I haven't gotten into culturing phyto, but will buy some periodically from club members at monthly meetings.
I also have some clowns eggs due to hatch on friday. I am not growing live phyto either. I have only been feeding the rotifers Roti-Rich from Florida Aqua Farmers. Whats your thoughts on this. I have been told that the Roti-Rich is all I need to feed the rotifers and that I don't need live phyto. I am getting frustrated because out of about 5 clutches of eggs, I have only been able to keep some alive for a few hours. But thats another story. If I have to start some live phyto, I will do so. I have been trying my butt off to raise these eggs. Thanks