View Single Post
Old 08/30/2007, 09:00 PM
Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally posted by dr.dolittle
I had to rush earlier... and wanted to ask if the mag 5 gives enough movement in the tank? Also, do you find Ocean likes lots of water current, in the open? Or the slow movement in and around caves/rockwork.

I saw a PBT at the LFS today, im in love! He was probably 4", and looked exactly like Ocean, except a little paler as he was just shipped from somewhere (new fish shipment came in, he was one of them). I also told my parents about my 125g plan, and told them about PBT's and they were like "OMG! thats so big!!!!" hehe. They like the idea of a Powder blue though, and next time i go in a LFS that has one/some, they said they will come in to see him to. They like looking at tangs, especially blue ones. They just think im nuts im willing to get a 125g system for one lol

Thanks again mate, your so helpful
That's really cool your parents are supportive of your tank. Most people that don't know fish freak out when you say 6' tank, but after seeing it and being around it, they really aren't all that big. They are a great medium sized tank.

The Mag5 is fine for what it is, a return flow to the tank. I don't use it for flow and turnover. I have two NanoStream 6045's for flow and it's a ton in my tank. I believe I have something like 36x turnover atm.

You're welcome! =)