View Single Post
Old 08/29/2007, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

another 29/20 seahorse tank build :)

my wife reminded me this week that i had promised her a seahorse tank a long time ago. obviously i'm not going to pass up the opportunity to set up another tank!

we still have our first salt tank - a 29g, original home to the petco clown fish we still have. this just so happens to be the $1/gal sale week at petco, so i picked up a 20-long for a sump and refugium.

i had a lightly-used diamond bit for 1" bulkheads, so i drilled two holes in the 29 for a slim short overflow. i opted for this overflow location because the 29g has such a slim footprint to begin with.

here are the tanks!

today i picked up some 1/8" tinted glass from a local glass shop and pieced them together with aquarium silicon and masking tape.

these will go around the two 1" bulkheads, which i picked up today at (ahem) johnny's reefing experience. 8)

amy, ylchic, also has a similar seahorse system and i intend to leverage her experience and knowledge along the way. i would also like to add that i really like dave dunbar's faux stand design and will likely incorporate his design into this project in some way or another. horace has also offered to help modify a spare skimmer i have laying around, a "super skimmer 65" into a massive skimming machine. can't wait to see how this turns out!

i guess my exotics nano is on hold for a minute.