View Single Post
Old 08/26/2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

I spent this weekend building a stand for the 67 gallon. It came out pretty good. Every time I do something new or semi-new I learn something. The biggest thing I learned was the best thing about cheap table saws is they are cheap. Enough of that. I will be adding a "skin to the stand after I get the plumbing and electrical done. Jennifer and I are still kicking around ideas of what it will look like. We have some cool ones. We shall see. The sump barely fit once I got the stand together. I am so glad it did. I had not measured. I just got lucky.

Here is a picture of Tony Palony sitting on the stand. I will not be taking the dog in the aquarium shot because I don't want it scratched.

These next two are the aquarium on the stand and ruffly in place. We will be moving Sam's tank and the wireless router. Do you know anyone that runs cable for a living? Oh wait that's me. Shoot!

All the equipment in place. I was kind of planning for some sort of reactor(carbon, phosbane, denitrate), but I don't know yet where it will go. I guess it is time for some creativity or
GREAT IDEAS FROM THE CLUB.

In this nest shot you have to imagine a Squence snapper mounted, a refugium light, and all the plumbing/electrical. Come on I know you can do it. I know if I were better at Photoshop I could make these things happen, but I would rather just install them and take a picture.

Now imagine the closed loop plumbing.

For the ridiculous part: The output tube of the skimmer. I will defiantly be shortening it. As you can see, it fricken sticks up out of the stand.

So, let me know what you think. Nothing is set in stone yet.
thank you.