Thread: AquaC CLUB!
View Single Post
Old 08/21/2007, 10:18 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OliverM3
It really is a pain to get it going.

What I did was adjust the air and water level so that the foam was in the middle of the riser with the smallest bubbles I could get. Then I left it for a day.

You can tell that you need to leave it alone if at 1/2 way up it's not creeping up the sides of the riser.

Once it kicked in the foam was filling the riser so I just adjusted the water level and air to give me about 1" or so space before it hits the collection cup.

I really need to replace the air ball valve with a gate valve. Like someone had suggested.
It's just to touchy to get the air just right.
So you don't have the water level adjusted to the top of the box then right? I think I'm going to get a 3/4" adapter for the 1262 and hook it up direct to the skimmer removing the ball valve completely. I will stick the gate valve on essentially having the same setup as you. When you have your gate valve all the way open and the air open where is the water level?

I have my calcium reactor going into the JG fitting. After I plugged the hole it made a huge difference in how the air ball valve worked.

Somethings gotta change asap because I left the skimmer over night and woke up to a 5 gallon bucket full of water.

I'm not beat yet. I gotta get this baby working!