View Single Post
Old 08/20/2007, 03:12 PM
My Life for Aiur!

Quote:
Originally posted by pdhenderson
I believe that silica posses a threat to the general health of our systems that we are trying to keep.
I believe this to be relatively true and believe as well, but not with the same zealous invigoration that you do.

Quote:
Because a bloom dies doesnt mean that they are all gone. Originisms such as these like common bacterias can rest in dormant stages untill available food sources or need nutrients are present.
What are you talking about? You'll need to explain yourself a little better here to be fully understood.

Quote:
Some or alot of people have used silica and have not had any consequences, ythese are the few not the norm.
Correct. No one is disputing that.

Quote:
AS such when you see Diatom filters you will see that the are not recommended for prelonged exposure.
Correct....

Quote:
And as stated by Mr Wilson, whent he blooms return, people associate it with water params, photo, and photoperiods, and often over look the source water and the susbstrates that have been added into their systems.
What are you talking about? Mr. Wilson hasn't said anything like that in here. You and I are the only ones that have posted.

Quote:
I have just completed my live rock, with I have a diatom bloom, sure, did I source out silica free products, yes, are they? probably not. But I believe that using a silica based product is asking for trouble. Sure the member who stated that he/she was using it and was not using a 100 lbs of it, might have a bloom that could abate quickly but I believe that this is a source for future problems.
Once again you are unclear what you are talking about and where this is stemming from. Care to clarify?