View Single Post
Old 08/20/2007, 08:48 AM
Team RC Member

erics3000 - Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally posted by GSMguy
i really love your tank Dude. the wave action on the rimless tanks is so japanese, and just a killer idea.

I had seen this design in invincibles thread he linked to a wavebox rimless in japan since then i was wondering when someone would build something like that.

you get a 10 for design with this one, it it in no way distracts from naka or invincables sweet tanks.
That's the nicest compliment anyone could have given me. When we eventually run into each other, the drinks are on me . I was definitely inspired by naka's and invincible's tanks (obviously), but I didn't want to copy their designs or their strategies. Now that this system is finally getting off the ground, I think the differences in our systems are starting to unveil themselves, and when it's all said and done, the only thing that will be similar about our tanks will be the glass and where they were made. Whoa, but I need to pull on the reigns, I just realized that I'm discussing my tank in the same sentence as James and Edward - I'm not even close yet.

BTW, I don't recall the rimless Japanese tank with the wavebox that you referred to. I'll have to go back to the beginning of Edward's thread - unless someone out there has a link??

GMFett - Wanna see it? What are you doing today?

melev - I don't think the wavebox would work at that kind of angle. As I envision what you describe, it seems to me that the pulse would be too chaotic and difficult to dial in to achieve a reliable wave. I could call Roger and ask him, but then again, the acrylic panel you mention would also take up space inside the display, no? I agree that the wavebox will potentially be an eye sore, and I wouldn't have even considered using it in this tank if I hadn't seen Ching's tank (I'm sure you know the one, in Thailand). But he was able to put 2 waveboxes in his tank, along with what, 4 Tunze streams, and his reef is so nice that you almost don't even see them. That's what I'm shooting for!

Thanks for that link, too. I've only scanned a few of the pictures but I'll read it later today. I'll tell ya, those engineers are incredible DIY'ers.

Bax - A few weeks 'til stocking would be nice. I still need to come up with a temporary lighting solution until my T5's arrive, and I'll be away the last half of this week. If I get started with the ZeoVit soon after I get back, which would speed up the tank's "readiness," then I should be able to move a few corals over from my 30g. There are only 2 corals I plan to move over, since the others have bryopsis.

pcostanzo and mcrist - Thanks, guys!