View Single Post
Old 08/09/2007, 09:25 AM
g l a s s b o x

sure...honestly if there is anything i can do to assist in your future designs let me know. i'd be more than happy to help out.

- the edges. at the end of your fixtures the metal is bent over the sides. a small detail i know, but a fixture with flush edges would look much more attractive.

-shape. the overall shape is not neutral enough to blend in, and not striking enough to make you enjoy it. a flush boxier fixture simmilar to kz would look good, and probably cheaper too. If you want the sloped front do something interesting with it.

-logo. I am all for branding products, but something simple and smaller would help. the color really distracts. perhaps having the same logo but in a flat/gloss contrast.

- finish. the overall finish is not there. it's like a paint job on a car, it can make or break it. i personally love raw metal...brushed aluminum is always a safe bet a flat black would also look sleek.

go to a lighting store such as lightology, artemide, or luminaire....look at their fixtures and get some ideas. think of this as art, form and function. if you need any design help or want any constructive criticsm again i'd be willing to help.

aquarium lighting is ugly. if you were able to break that trend, you will attract an entirely new client base.

jmo.

eric

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"