View Single Post
Old 07/22/2007, 01:34 PM
the cow flys at dawn

Sorry you got missed if i do it agian yell at me

Quote:
Originally posted by cpl40475
OK ive been reading this and seriously thinking about building one. My tank is a 75 gallon close to 90lbs live rock
a few diff types sps and lps corals 3 false percula clowns 2 3 stipe damsel and a yellowtail damsel. A D&D typhoon skimmer (im about ready to trash). 3 200gph powerheads and a emporer 400 hob filter. will the denitrator you described on page one work well with my system and what size pump do i need to put inline and what be be my best spot to have the water return into the tank at the emporer440?
its never best to put the output straight into another bio filter, a skimmer yes, but even better is someplace out of water where it can freefall into the tank or ?sump? if you have one, assuming you dont. these units dont work magic, and are not self cleaning of clogs letting it freefall means you will notice if it clogs, and blows off co2

any single coil unit will work nicely on a 75g tank, and you can T off any of those 200gph pumps nicely use the long leg of the T as the output and either end as the pump/coil will give a good push.