View Single Post
Old 07/20/2007, 09:08 PM
the cow flys at dawn

as for no change i ment there is not nitrites and no ammonia, but still 40ppm (same as tank) of nitrates comming from it. haven't checked the pH comming from it yet. the flow comming out of the tubing is a fast drip just slower than a stream but still a drip. you might wanna post what you have done, but it sounds way to fast of a flow to me.

i also don't understand why the coil can be too long or why there can be too much media in the chamber -- in other words, how can a denitrator be too big? in case i didnt clear it up, its not bigger, bigger would be larger everything not just more media or longer coils.

why would i get the possibility of low but varrying nitrate levels and not completly all 0? the extra media can create more nitrate and some nitrite(easilly processed by tank filtration) than the entire unit consumes at times.. creating a varrying nitrate level, and the difficulty keeping the flow right will cause the non 0 levels. this doesnt need to be taken any further than that, it doesnt need rebuilding itll work, but as b4 longer cycle, varrying nitrate levels, and non 0 numbers. NOT a big deal!!!

i don't know what else to do make sure your cycling it correctly, then WAIT