View Single Post
Old 07/16/2007, 06:26 AM
Genuine reef addict

Laurent - your English is fine to me. In fact it's a whole lot better than a lot of posts I read! Are you French Canadian? I assumed you were in Seattle, Washington but maybe there's a Seattle in Canada, or you relocated to the US? Or maybe you're somewhere else.

On the white pad - I get replacement material that's about the same fiber consistency & thickness at my lfs. I can't remember the brand (I'm at work now LOL). They have thinner kinds too, but I think those are too compacted already so I get the ones that are close to the one that came with the RSM. Not too expensive. It comes in a sheet and I'd just use the original or a piece of black sponge to cut out the right size piece, I usually cut then a bit bigger so that I know they'll fit without any spaces on the edges. I even picked one up this weekend that is black & impregnated with activated carbon - the right consistency, but not quite as thick, but I thought I'd try it. The carbon in it may be useless, but it'll still filter out stuff.