View Single Post
Old 07/11/2007, 04:39 PM
Premium Member

They guy I bought it from told me that you need to tip the tank on its side, so that the external overflow is facing up in order to move the tank. It won't fit out of his house otherwise. That means I will need at least 24 inches of space to move the tank through, as that is the height of the tank.

I am looking into getting some suction cups used for handling glass, to make it easier to get a grip on the tank when moving it.

Since the tank is to be moved in the back of a Suburban, I was thinking I would cut a few peices of PVC to lay on the floor of the back of the Surbaban to act as rollers. This way I could place one end of the tank onto the pvc "rollers" and roll the tank into and then out of the Suburban. This is similar to the method they think was used to move the stone blocks used to build the pyramids.

I was also thinking that I cold use moving dollys to move the tank along the straight aways.

I will not have the stand yet, when I pick up the tank. It will go into storage for a couple of weeks until renovations are done on my basement and then it will go onto a stand built into the framing of the wall.