View Single Post
Old 07/07/2007, 08:36 PM
Uncomfortably Caffeinated

Well, I dropped a couple mortgage payments at the LFS today, heres what I ordered:

Lighting:

3 ea L3 reflectors with AC kits
170cfm inline blower fan from SLS
3 ea 400w pfo magnetic ballast
3ea 10k XM 400w bulbs
Icecap retro 4x24" T-5 on 660 ballast with Geisman AB+ bulbs
Icecap retro 4x24" VHO on 660 ballast with URI Super Actinics

Flow:

2ea Tunze 6200's (went with these over the wavebox)
2ea Tunze 6101's
Multicontroller
Hammerhead return pump
Backup Hammerhead return pump

and:

114w Aqua UV sterilizer no wiper

I'm thinking of adding a Vortech with 2ea battery backups for protection just a tad bit more flow, for $600 and change it seems like a pretty good deal since I would spend more than that on a generator especially when you add the cost of another 6101 to get that other 3000gph. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Also for flow, I think I am going to ditch the seaswirls and OM and rely on the 2ea 6200's osculating back and forth for random current.
This will allow me to drop the returns straight down behind the reef structure, then I will put the 2ea 6101's in the back bottom shooting up and to the center and put the 2ea 6200's on the ends. I've had great luck with this flow pattern in the past and no need to change what was working before (just add a bunch more of it ).

I talked to Derek at Miracles and they will be drilling the eurobracing 2 holes on each end and 4 along the back to run 1" pipe and/or powercords. These guy's are great to work with, and very patient.....It took me almost 3 months to decide on the final design along with about 60 e-mails......and I still am tweeking the design bit by bit as I see it coming together in my head.

Still need to get a controller. I am thinking I will likely stick with Neptune and get the ACIII.

Still need to build the rest of the equipment, I think I might start with the calcium reactor this coming week........

"It's not the arrow, it's the Indian." But an Indian can't kill anything with a crooked arrow.