View Single Post
Old 06/24/2007, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by matttaylor
I posted in your other thread already, but i'll post here as well. The one in the link you posted is the exact same bulb you'd get if you paid 4x more for a Ushio. I order 2 of the 250 watt 20k's. Out of curiosity i started digging around on the internet and it turns out that the number on the generic box and bulb match up to ushio bulbs. They are also well built and so far they look really good. I've only had them for 2 days, and once they burn in, i'm expecting great things.
Keep in mind that the Chinese are masters of deception when it comes to knock-off products, so just because the "numbers match" doesn't mean a hill of beans.

You pay 4x more for a Ushio because you are buying a quality bulb that will last a long time. I strictly ran Ushio (both 10K's and 20K's) for years up until I went HQI, and then I went over to an XDE bulb (XM), which is a proven bulb as well.

Bulbs are not where you want to skimp on a tank. This is your coral's food. Cut corner's elsewhere if you must, but don't settle for second-best (or bottom of the barrel) when it comes to lighting.

That's my $0.02 anyway.