Thread: Tank Pictures
View Single Post
Old 06/12/2007, 11:21 AM
cnidarian vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by dandy7200
Love the old tank Joe and have been subscribed to the new one........waiting....... :P One thing I never noticed until now though. On some shots I noticed a purple/redish hair like algae on the rocks. I have this as well and wondering what you did to keep it in check? I run GFO in a reactor and my lawnmower blenny eats some of it but it still grows a bit. I don't have issues with any other "pest" algae and this one although not extremely intrusive (doesn't grow over coral) is a eyesore I would like to rid myself of or at least prevent continued growth. I have no crabs including hermits in the system and have been contemplating adding some to work on this.
It never got out of control, but it was something I could not get rid of. I've seen many people with it in their tank as well. No sure what to do about it. I agree it is an eyesore.

NewSchool04 I am storing my corals in a few different friend's tanks.

My upgrade thread is here

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=908114

tangyreefer05 I never used NSW in my tank. I live about 1 mile from the water but never trusted using the water from the beach enough to put it in my tank.

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I'm working hard on getting everything set up for the new tank. It's just taking me longer than I had planned.