Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor Experiences (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Beware of Aquatic Hobby Aquarium Supply Online store. (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279193)

scunfcu 12/26/2007 10:52 AM

Beware of Aquatic Hobby Aquarium Supply Online store.

I have a very bad experience with Aquatic Hobby Aquarium Supply. I purchased a Current USA Power Fisson Skimmer from them. It did not fit my tank ( Eurobrace 2 inch tank rim ) so I contacted their customer service dept. They charged 20% restocking fee, then when they realized that I try the skimmer, they won't take it back. On top of that the customer service rep got rude on me. Wow, I couldn't believe it!!! They have no customer service skills. Just to warn any buyers who came across this company online, check the return policy before you buy. I will NEVER buy from them, no matter how cheap are their pricing.

amike5 12/26/2007 11:19 AM

A 20% restocking fee is standard for online merchants. Why shouldn't they charge a restocking fee? Your the one who didn't check compatability before you ordered. Also they can't sell it as new if you have used it. If it wouldn't fit, why would you use it regardless?

ArgonDreams 12/26/2007 12:29 PM

Sorry but you should read the information on their website. I had never heard of this company but it took me a grand total of about 20 seconds to find their return policy:

[QUOTE]Closed Packages: Because we do not accept returned items once they have been opened, please check the item package and label to be sure you received the correct item. If the manufacturer package and seal is still intact, you may return the item(s) to Aquatic Hobby Aquarium Supply within 30 days of original purchase date for exchange, credit or refund. Shipping excluded with a 20% restocking fee. The return shipping is at the customers expense.[/QUOTE]

I hardly think that they did anything wrong when they clearly state it on the website.

I often see "customer service" skills as a complaint when the customer doesn't get what they want. It's common on this and many forums and is a bit of a pet peeve of mine. In this instance it was your fault in my opinion only not theirs.

While I am sorry you didn't get to return your product, I really am, I recommend you read all about where, and how you are buying a product before you do so. There are many venders you can go to that have no issue with this, Drs. Foster and Smith, Marine Depot etc.

reefhead165 12/26/2007 01:08 PM

Why would you even use a Current USA Power Fisson Skimmer? seriously.... get a real skimmer not something cheap

scunfcu 12/26/2007 06:38 PM

I am not stating that the company trick me into buying their product or that they were wrong in not giving me credit or return. My intention is to let everyone know that they were rude to me. I have been in the customer service business for many years and was very disturb at how I was treated. In this case, the rep did not handle this situation with any kind of professionalism. If you want to do business with a company that is rude to you, by all means do it.

smiller 12/27/2007 01:50 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11458590#post11458590 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefhead165 [/i]
[B]Why would you even use a Current USA Power Fisson Skimmer? seriously.... get a real skimmer not something cheap [/B][/QUOTE]

Please keep your comments related to the thread. Comments like this are unwelcome here.