Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nina... (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1261872)

JohnL 12/01/2007 07:35 AM

This thread was automatically split due to performance issues. You can find the rest of the thread here: [url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=11291475#post11291475[/url]

BigSkyBart 12/01/2007 07:35 AM

maybe the slow passing was the building dept in heaven was taking their sweet time issuing a permit for gary's first project up there :D

Aliie 12/01/2007 07:54 AM

Nina I'm glad you were able to be with him as he took his first step into heaven. I'm sorry that he is gone in more ways than I can say. Now that his journey has begun I believe he'll be watching your journey as well. I know right now he's watching all of us in tears and shaking his head. He is a man I'll never forget. Somehow I'm sure he'll read this thread and smile at the fact that you were stronger than he thought.
My heart goes out to you and your family. Love to all of you.

nk57 12/01/2007 07:58 AM

Nina, I am so sorry.

Nancy

amcarrig 12/01/2007 08:03 AM

You and Gary have touched my heart deeper than I thought was possible. My deepest sympathies to you and yours Nina. May Gary rest in peace.

emilye2 12/01/2007 08:10 AM

Of course he found the perfect solution to the problem of when to leave. I think it's amazing that even down to his last breath on earth he was true to Gary. He wanted you by his side for this last adventure, but he didn't want you to suffer. What a perfect compromise. I don't think anyone could ask for a more peaceful final moment on earth than snuggled up next to the love of their life. May the coming days bring you some sort of peace Nina. And in the next few days if things get a little "too" quiet, you know the loungers are all here for you!

Tarkus70 12/01/2007 08:27 AM

Nina, We are so sorry.

Scott,Lisa,Emily,and Logan

Nina51 12/01/2007 08:52 AM

there are just no words that are adequate..."thank you" seems not enough but that's all i have right now. thank you all from the bottom of my heart, for your love and prayers.

i slept with gary's pillow last night. i woke off and on all night and each time, i smelled the sweetness that was him. i think i am numb at this point, glad he is with God but so sad that he is, physically, no longer with me. i have to be content that he is in a much better place and i know he is watching over me as he promised me he would do. i'm sure i will have signs of this very soon, when gary gets settled in heaven and can find time to visit me. :)

so much to do today. we are in the midst of what is shaping up to be a pretty nasty ice storm but i must go select flowers and meet with the funeral director this afternoon.

i will put a link up later to the funeral home and i would love it if you all would like to leave a message there. i want gary's family to know how much love and support i have had from my lounge family!

love & hugs to you all! charlene :)

dc 12/01/2007 09:06 AM

I'm glad you got to be with him. Gary's at peace now, I know he will live on in your memories.

If you need to talk, I'm always with my cell.

VoidRaven 12/01/2007 09:13 AM

Godspeed Gary. You are loved and you will be dearly missed. If you happen to come across a witty irishman up there playin' poker with a bunch of italians, tell 'em the love of your life was friends with some crazy guy out in the cornfields of Ohio. They're always willing to add another to the game and they'll pull up a chair for ya and deal you in.

Just don't get too rowdy...there's a scrappy little italian woman up there too keepin' that witty irishman in line.

Nina, all of our prayers are with you and your family. I'm glad to hear his passing was peaceful and that you could be with him in that special way. Our hearts and ears are ready to listen, our shoulders strong should you need them, just give that ol' number a ring and we'll be here.

And though I'm pretty sure he wasn't scottish Nina, I think this is fitting:

"My Heart is in the Highlands"
by: Robert Burns

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer -
A-chasing the wild deer, and following the roe;
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North
The birth place of Valour, the country of Worth;
Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.

Farewell to the mountains high cover'd with snow;
Farewell to the straths and green valleys below;
Farewell to the forrests and wild-hanging woods;
Farwell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods.

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer
Chasing the wild deer, and following the roe;
My heart's in the Highlands, whereever I go.

Freed 12/01/2007 09:17 AM

I'm glad I've gotten to know you, Nina, in the last several months and I am just as glad that I got to know a little about Gary through you as well. He's building a tribute to you in heaven now.

Jeffrey Porter 12/01/2007 09:18 AM

Sorry for your loss Nina. AT least now there is definately no more suffering. He went out as most others only wish they could.

joeychitwood 12/01/2007 09:22 AM

Though I have expected this news for several days, it still comes as a shock. One of the nurses walked into my office as I was dabbing at my eyes with a handkerchief. She asked what was wrong, and I told her that a good friend had died.

I never met Gary, but I feel like I knew him, and now like everyone else, I'm feeling a loss and great sadness for you and your loved ones. I'm grateful that you had time to be with him and that his passing was peaceful.

You all remain in my thoughts and prayers.

clavery 12/01/2007 09:34 AM

As I sit here with tears running down my face, trying to think of something profound to say, all I want to do is give you a big hug and thank you for showing us your strength and love and spirit through all this. You have been an inspiriation to so many of us through your words and your actions. You and Gary have taught us how to live and die with dignity, and I will be forever touched by you both.

May god bless you and Nana and your families.

Misled 12/01/2007 09:35 AM

Nina, I am so sorry. Try to spend some time with Nana today. The next few days may be fairly busy. I'm glad you were able to be there with him as he as he passed. I'm sure he felt the same way.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

O'Man 12/01/2007 10:15 AM

God's peace for both of you.
brian

billsreef 12/01/2007 10:24 AM

I'm sorry to hear the news, but at the same time feel there is consolation that Gary's suffering is over. My Grandfather lingered in a state of suffering (and loss of mental capacity) for almost 2 years before he passed, very sad to watch. My Mother is sadly following in her fathers footsteps on that subject.

BrianD 12/01/2007 10:25 AM

Nina, I know a person may think they are "ready", but when the moment actually arrives the devastation and tremendous sense of loss that accompany it seem more than you can bear. I know the same strength that carried you through Gary's diagnosis and illness will support you through the next days and weeks, because that strength is fueled by the deep love you and Gary shared.

Thank you for sharing Gary with us over the past few years. We are richer from knowing him.

Brian

MarinaP 12/01/2007 10:37 AM

Nina, I am very sorry for your loss.

jenlovesty 12/01/2007 10:53 AM

Nina I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the fact that Gary is no longer in pain and is watching over you. Your love has been an inspiration to so many. Your strength and warmness has truly touched my heart.

crazy4salt 12/01/2007 10:59 AM

Nina,

I am so very sorry.

vonodie1 12/01/2007 11:37 AM

Nina,

I am so very sorry for your loss. :(

We are here for you when you need us-even if we don't post a reply-we are reading and praying for your whole family.

Love and Hugs,
Stacy

GoingPostal 12/01/2007 11:39 AM

It's amazing how many people who never met Gary have cried over this thread, you made us all feel like we knew him and I am so sorry for your loss. He was a gentleman to the end.

The Grim Reefer 12/01/2007 11:41 AM

Hi Nina

I am glad you were able to be with Gary. I don't see how you could have planned a better way for him to move into the next chapter.

God Bless you both

Steve

navajo 12/01/2007 11:50 AM

I have no words. My emotions are very mixed. I am so sorry for your loss, but at the same time so happy that Gary is finally at peace. Thank you both so much for sharing your life and love with us total strangers.

Peace be with you both.