Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reef Discussion (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Special Effects Fogger (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1239277)

saltysupply 10/29/2007 02:30 PM

Special Effects Fogger

Im having a halloween party and im curious should I run the fogger outside or would it be ok to run inside...Im just not sure if it will affect my tank.

Thanks!

silverwolf72 10/29/2007 02:34 PM

The stuff is not the healthiest thing in the world I would do it out side

seapug 10/29/2007 02:37 PM

Assuming you are talking about an ultrasonic fogger, please don't run it in the tank. These devices will drive your fish insane, if not kill them. To understand the power of these devices, put it in a bowl of tapwater, turn it on and stick your finger in the emitter where the fog comes from. It will hurt, bad. I find it hard to believe an aquarium supplies retailer would consider doing such a thing.

Not to mention it probably won't work in saltwater. If you want the "effect" put it in a bowl of RO water on top of the tank. The fog itself won't hurt anything.

cd77 10/29/2007 03:26 PM

How about a [i]lot[/i] of dry ice instead? :)

useskaforevil 10/29/2007 04:05 PM

lol, im pretty sure they just meant in the same room as the tank, not inside the tank. if its ultra sonic i think that would be fine.

virginiadiver69 10/29/2007 05:28 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11076240#post11076240 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by seapug [/i]
[B]Assuming you are talking about an ultrasonic fogger, please don't run it in the tank. These devices will drive your fish insane, if not kill them. To understand the power of these devices, put it in a bowl of tapwater, turn it on and stick your finger in the emitter where the fog comes from. It will hurt, bad. I find it hard to believe an aquarium supplies retailer would consider doing such a thing.

Not to mention it probably won't work in saltwater. If you want the "effect" put it in a bowl of RO water on top of the tank. The fog itself won't hurt anything. [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol:

seapug 10/29/2007 05:55 PM

glad someone caught the joke....

In all seriousness, an ultrasonic one would be fine in the house, but I'd be careful with the ones that use the jugs of "juice" to make the fog. I used to work around those all the time. They make your lungs and nasal passages feel like they are coated with film after a while. I can't imagine it would be too good for a tank.

asherah 10/29/2007 06:56 PM

I've done that, I have foggers for my reptiles and yes they do hurt! and they also break easily.

anyway if you mean one of those ground foggers, mine says to run out side as the fog juice is not good for you and especially for ppl with asthma etc.