Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   lunare wrasse (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1186972)

mayo-92 08/17/2007 03:44 PM

lunare wrasse

i love these fish i was just wondering what peoples experiences with these fish are i would love to see some pictures of peoples and please could you give info on your fish like

1.how much you payed for it?

2.how big is it now and how long it took to get that big?

3.what you feed it?

4.how old is it?

5.what size tank is it in?

thanks in advance
joe:rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

gotta love the rolly faces

JGoslee 08/17/2007 04:19 PM

I've had mine for about a month. I think I paid like $30 for him. He eats pretty much everything. I feed nls pellets, shrimp, scallops, formula1 and 2. He's in a 90gal.

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b196/jgoslee/LUNAREWRASSE.jpg[/IMG]

Grouperhead 08/17/2007 04:22 PM

Had one for two years (he jumped :( ). Got him at about 4" for $28 and when he jumped he was close to 6" or so. He was in a 75g and ate everything - krill, spectrum pellets, squid, prime reef, et al.

bigred16 08/17/2007 04:30 PM

I had one, it was about 8.5 - 9 inches, got him about 3 ". I had him for about 4.5 years, ate everything, he was more aggressive when I had him in my 180 g , but when moved to my 500g, the aggression went down. Unfortunutly, I got a Stars & Stripes puffer about 7" and after being in the tank for about 4 months, decided to bite the whole tail off right down to the meat part. He held on for about a month and half, before giving up, Probably one of my all time favourite fishes, constant mover ( near impossible to take pictures with the camera I had) lots of personality and color just can't beat.

mattsilvester 08/17/2007 05:30 PM

One ofmy favrourites, but definitely one for an active tank..... tank mates like passer angels, triggers, tangs...... stuff that can stand up for itself, and is quick enough to give as good as it gets....

Had one before, he killed a couple of more docile fish, and I had to get rid of him.......

but for colour, hardiness, activity, interesting behavious and character..... its a GREAT fish.....

kevinohio 08/17/2007 06:52 PM

Love mine. life of the tank. always on the move.
Eats pretty much anyhing.
He is in a 75 gallon with a niger trigger and yellow tang.

JStorey 08/17/2007 08:18 PM

I have had one for 6 months or so in a 135, Paid $30 for him and he is now about 6+". Extremely active fish and will eat anything that is dropped in the tank. Mine has jumped 3 times when I had the canopy open. The first 2 times I was standing there and just put him back in. the 3rd time I opened the lid and went to the kitchen for something got sidetracked and when I cam back to the tank he was on the floor motionless and dried out. I put him back in o see if he would revive and he started gasping abd moved behind some rocks. I didn't figure he would make it buy the next day he is swimming around like nothing happened. That was a couple of months ago and hasn't jumped since. About once a week I buy some feeder shrimp from my lfs and he goes nuts picking them off and slamming them against the rocks and eating them. Great entertainment!

crazedpuffer 08/17/2007 11:06 PM

I had one for a few months. I bought him/her about an inch or so big for 7.99 at Petco. Within a few months he became 6 inches and a monster attacking all my fish. I had to give him to my LFS

mayo-92 08/18/2007 04:31 AM

wow great inf guys 7 replies in one night is pretty good for me lol i love these fish i just have to persuade my mum and dad for that bigger tank lol im only 14 so i think ill have to start saving

mayo-92 08/18/2007 04:37 AM

oh sorry the tank i have now is a 35gal spare i was wondering i have asked this before on a different forum but got a bit flamed what sort of fish would you put in their i dont want reef as i am getting a big reef in the next year or so and then ill have two reef tanks yey but i wanted and agresive tank to as i always have thought that agresive fish are much more inteligent as they are predatores and have to be smart to hunt.

would love some help on fish for that tank any sugestions i like any type of fish really and eels.

thanks in advance
joe

crazedpuffer 08/18/2007 06:58 AM

Yeah I know what you mean I just turned 15 and have a challenge getting stuff too.

For the 35 you could get one of the small puffers like Valeniti. You could get a gsp but you'd have to start him off in low brackish first and move him to full marine.

mayo-92 08/18/2007 07:01 AM

ok thanks is their any wrasses that i can keep none that i have heard of but some one else might have and could you keep a dwarf zebra lionfish with a scorpionfish and some type of normal wrasse reefsafe ones ?

mattsilvester 08/18/2007 09:21 AM

A general rule of thumb, if the wrasse is big enough not to be eaten, it will target and bully docile fish like lions etc.

If it is small enough not to be a bully, then its small enough to be eaten...... and over time, it probably will be......

One of the fish that my lunare murdered was a fuzzy dwarf lion.....