Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   frazier (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1127228)

poopsko24 05/23/2007 03:58 PM

frazier

bought a euroreef skimmer off frazier, with a rusted gen X pump. He won't budge on a refund. Very very :mad:

Aquaticman74 05/23/2007 04:18 PM

Got any pictures?

I wouldn't put a rusty pump in my reef either. I would at least want a partial refund for a new pump.

frazier 05/24/2007 03:03 AM

Re: frazier

for one he said there was a repair job on it.. I asked the guy that I bought it from and he has not got back to me... as I said in the post...I had never used it before and didn't know much about it....if you had worries you shouldn't buy used stuff!!!

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10000600#post10000600 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poopsko24 [/i]
[B]bought a euroreef skimmer off frazier, with a rusted gen X pump. He won't budge on a refund. Very very :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

smiller 05/24/2007 06:20 AM

Re: Re: frazier

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10004522#post10004522 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by frazier [/i]
[B]for one he said there was a repair job on it.. I asked the guy that I bought it from and he has not got back to me... as I said in the post...I had never used it before and didn't know much about it....if you had worries you shouldn't buy used stuff!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
I'm not quite sure that I understand your post. What do you mean by "a repair job" and what do you mean by "the guy that you bought it from"? Just wanted to clarify.

I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing but I feel the need with this one. As far as your last statement, yes, a person always takes a risk when buying anything used, whether it be a car or a piece of reef equipment. But in any case, a seller should make sure that either he sells a quality piece or is up front about any possible issues. I think that rust qualifies as something that should be made clear. The fact that you never used it IMO is a non issue.

gtrestoration 05/24/2007 09:59 AM

Were is the rust? Is it visable without taking the pump apart?

SteveU

poopsko24 05/24/2007 10:24 AM

On the back of the pump, where they pour the epoxy , there is two huge blobs of black silicone. And poking out from under the silicone there is sharp, pointy metal. That is where the rust is coming from. No it does'nt matter if he used it or not, thats what he says........but what does matter is not informing someone about it. You just can't buy class.

poopsko24 05/24/2007 10:33 AM

[IMG][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/poopsko24/DSC00052.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][IMG]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d135/poopsko24/DSC00051.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

poopsko24 05/24/2007 10:35 AM

I sent back the skimmer and pump. They came in two different shipments. He did'nt offer anything except the words along the lines "its not my problem" You'd think he'd at least offer compensate up the difference for a new pump. You just cant buy class. It dosent take too much to make claims that you never used something, its their word. Its only as good as the person.

frazier 05/24/2007 11:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: frazier

that is what he say's not me.. I bought this skimmer from mavij or something like that about 4 months ago. I was going to use it on my 180g but I'm not setting it up now..believe me I pay more then I sold it for look back and find the post where I bought it.. mavil is a very smart and honest guy so that's why I have a hard time believing this guy...sounds like to me he wanted a new skimmer but got lost on the used goods forum..I really don't care what ppl think I should do.. you guy's don't know the skimmer was in great shape....and maybe I would have handled this alittle better if he hadn't sent me a first email saying I'm sending back I do not want and there is no way I'm putting this in my tank... he in no way tried to work out... the pump is the cheapest thing of the skimmer...(which in the post I had told him the guy had put mods on the pump) so he knows it was worked on..

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10004742#post10004742 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by smiller [/i]
[B]I'm not quite sure that I understand your post. What do you mean by "a repair job" and what do you mean by "the guy that you bought it from"? Just wanted to clarify.

I don't usually get involved in this sort of thing but I feel the need with this one. As far as your last statement, yes, a person always takes a risk when buying anything used, whether it be a car or a piece of reef equipment. But in any case, a seller should make sure that either he sells a quality piece or is up front about any possible issues. I think that rust qualifies as something that should be made clear. The fact that you never used it IMO is a non issue. [/B][/QUOTE]

poopsko24 05/24/2007 04:20 PM

You said he put the mesh wheel mod on, and thats cool, I liked that feature and its probley one that made me decide to get it. You said nothing about the silicone job and the rusting metal. Thats what I'm talking about when I say "repair job"
What do you have a hard time believing me on ? I posted pics of what it looks like. I emailed you when I opened it up and seen that and said to you theres no way I can put that in my tank , and asked kindly if you would refund me , and I'd even be loosing out on the shipping and then some, which would come out to like $60 total from shipping to and back. I got no vibe from you that you were going to work with me on this........you saying its not youre problem and that its my problem now. NICE !

Take a look at my tank pics in my gallery man.......you think I'm going to put something w/ rusty metal protruding out in tthat.....

smiller 05/24/2007 04:24 PM

I think maybe you guys need to take this to a PM. These forums are not intended for your personal knock-down drag-out.

poopsko24 05/24/2007 04:25 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10008329#post10008329 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by smiller [/i]
[B]I think maybe you guys need to take this to a PM. These forums are not intended for your personal knock-down drag-out. [/B][/QUOTE]
We have been.......I wanted to show people and to get opinions.

smiller 05/24/2007 04:30 PM

Keep it civil and I'll leave the thread open, but this is not for the two of you to hash out your problem. This forum is to inform others of your experience. You have pretty much done that. Resolving it or not resolving it can be done being the scenes.

poopsko24 05/24/2007 04:56 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10008377#post10008377 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by smiller [/i]
[B]Keep it civil and I'll leave the thread open, but this is not for the two of you to hash out your problem. This forum is to inform others of your experience. You have pretty much done that. Resolving it or not resolving it can be done being the scenes. [/B][/QUOTE]
10-4

frazier 05/25/2007 07:15 AM

just talked to the guy I bought it from and he did nothing to the pump other then the mesh wheel so it's all factory job not a repair.. it's a used pump!!!! I have not seen any rust as the guy had not ether.... I don't know what to tell you????

poopsko24 05/25/2007 10:34 AM

I'm not arguing that its used or not. I know it was. I'm stating the fact that this rust hinders this pumps used in a saltwater reef tank packed w/ $1000's of live corals.

reefdna 06/05/2007 01:19 PM

This is an interesting thread.

dream54ing 06/05/2007 02:37 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10082354#post10082354 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefdna [/i]
[B]This is an interesting thread. [/B][/QUOTE]

roger that!!!

thats why i only get stuff from locals rc'ers.

reefdna 06/05/2007 04:18 PM

YEp I'm having issues with frazier myself. I pay-paled fro a pump from him and have yet to recieve it (payment sent May 16th) All I keep getting is his word that he sent it and it's not his fault though he refuses to sho proof that he has sent it. Not even a confirmation number. I poste a claim against him with pay-pal yesterday. We'll see how it turns out. i may have to start only buying from locals. Too bad.....

poopsko24 06/06/2007 04:11 PM

wow, what a class act guy he is.

vanillagorila 06/08/2007 02:44 PM

any word on this guy is he still ripping off us RC'ers

poopsko24 06/08/2007 05:57 PM

All he told me pretty much was that its my problem and I have to deal with it. I don't think his kind should be allowed on RC.

reefdna 06/08/2007 07:25 PM

Same here. He stated that it wasn't his fault that he shipped it but refuses to show proof that it was shipped. He's got my $250 and I agree that he should be banned from RC if he can't clear these up.

frazier 06/09/2007 05:53 PM

yeah i think s too.... banned him...lol I know I have done nothing to be ban but oh well!!! thats funning all you guy's live in AZ,,,vanillagorila,reefdna,and dream54ing. sounds like to me they are teaming up on me to bash me.. I think that is prob against the rules...... say what you want I have done nothing wrong and it has taken awhile to get the pump to him and I do have a tracking number for him. I haven't yet not stoped talking to him as you guy's try to make it sound like, I took the money and ran..

and poopsko24,, I told you to come down and I'll show you some class....I look at those pic's and I still don't see what you are talking about...it looks alike part of the silicone to me..

frazier 06/09/2007 05:55 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10005994#post10005994 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by poopsko24 [/i]
[B]I sent back the skimmer and pump. They came in two different shipments. He did'nt offer anything except the words along the lines "its not my problem" You'd think he'd at least offer compensate up the difference for a new pump. You just cant buy class. It dosent take too much to make claims that you never used something, its their word. Its only as good as the person. [/B][/QUOTE]

and one more thing,you didn't even tell the turth about this.. you didn't send it back to me so don't say you did like I'm keeping it and the money... one more thing you are lying about..