Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   cokemanmark scam artist (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1029119)

bad habit 01/26/2007 01:19 PM

cokemanmark scam artist

Beware of this guy he is a scam artist.
cokemanmark AKA extremebudman01 Mark Buckner is a ripoff artist.
we worked up a trade on corals I sent my stuff just like I promised
shipped fedex paid $102.47 for overnight (del by 10am) emailed him tracking # on tuesday. He said he recived everything & would ship mine out on thursday for friday I was to pick it up @ fedex location IT NEVER WAS SHIPPED he never sent a tracking # and now he will not answer the phone. go figure

reefnetworth 01/26/2007 01:33 PM

gotts support that cocaine and bud habit somehow! :lol: thanx for the warning. sorry to hear about your loss, ive only bought one thing on RC and it was chaeto from ReefRockerLive, and he gave an honest deal and it arrived when he said it would and in great condition. spred the word to an administrator in their forum. see if they can do something. if nothing else they can ban him for that i do believe. dont take my word on it though. try to have a great weekend, and keep on reefin. Karma, will get him!
John M

ricordia nut 01/26/2007 04:48 PM

wow man thanks for the heads up i was just about to do a trade with him thanks

ricordia nut 01/26/2007 04:50 PM

u can report him to his local police and its mail fruad just save all of youre emails and stuff to prove youre point

RufRidn 01/26/2007 05:54 PM

He just scammed me too. I shipped him my corals for a trade and he received it but never responded to my emails.

RufRidn 01/26/2007 05:59 PM

He also posts for trades on saltwaterfish

[url]http://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/member.php?userid=27904[/url]

ricordia nut 01/26/2007 06:59 PM

i hope he gets banned from here that not right to do that to people well at least u have his adress and can report him

bad habit 01/26/2007 10:05 PM

well he did make it right tonight after we sent the POLICE over to talk to him. after many atempts to call and email I quit trying to contact him directly BUT the local police in Villa Rica Ga. are very helpful & persuasive it seems. He called me while the police were still on the phone with me. We came to an agreement and he paid me for what I was out. I hate I had to go to this extreme to make it right but maybe he learned something

Phyxius 01/26/2007 10:12 PM

Wow I`m glad I saw this post. I was setting up a trade with him for some of my sons corals we had posted. He wanted me to send them overnight to him also. Glad I was waiting till next week to do anything about shipping them.

Sorry to hear about you guys that lost out with this person. I am glad to have RC and feedback forums like this to alert others.

BLANKENSHIP76 01/26/2007 10:45 PM

He scammed me as well, I never received the corals, I shipped him a toadstool cost me well over 150$.

I am calling the police then tomorrow on him, please advise if have the police contact number for that area, since I to sent him a 100 coral, and paid 85 in shipping to him.

Phyxius 01/26/2007 11:32 PM

I just realized it was the same person AKA extremebudman01 but he gave his name as Mark Pitts at the same mailing address.....

RufRidn 01/26/2007 11:57 PM

[email]extremebudman01@aim.com[/email] is his email. The schmuck has another alias now, its hunter13006. I cant search but did see his last post was in a for sale thread.

60Cubed 01/27/2007 02:27 AM

I thought I remember RC saying it was going to impliment and enforce more standards to these types of people. At least ban them from RC so as to hinder their ability to continue this type of scam.

Sorry to hear of all who have been taken. I hope this doesn't keep you from future online transactions. Most people in these forums are truly honest reefers.

I really would like to see this guy put in jail for fraud. Maybe one day.

gigi4539 01/27/2007 03:11 AM

I TOO WILL BE SENDING THE POLICE OVER. HOWEVER A FRIEND OF MINE IS AN ATTOURNEY IN THAT AREA. UNFORTUNATLEY FOR HIM, I HAVE THE TIME AND THE MEANS TO PRESS CHARGES. I WILL!!! I WILL ALSO PLAN ON SUING HIM FOR TRAVEL, ATTOURNEYS FEES AND COURT COST. ANY ONE ELSE ON BOARD JUST LET ME KNOW. I WOULD LOVE TO DO A CLASS ACTION SUIT.

THANKS! SCOTT SERIO

er1c_the_reefer 01/27/2007 03:33 AM

aww man i just "traded" him some tunzes

cokemanmark 01/27/2007 06:05 AM

ok i am trying to fix every thing i sent two people money and will send what every needs to be sent if you would rather get money than the corals let me know

smiller 01/27/2007 06:19 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9086776#post9086776 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cokemanmark [/i]
[B]ok i am trying to fix every thing i sent two people money and will send what every needs to be sent if you would rather get money than the corals let me know [/B][/QUOTE]
You need to contact me via PM concerning this current situation, and to address your multiple user accounts. Please refrain from posting on RC until we resolve this.

BLANKENSHIP76 01/27/2007 11:37 AM

I sent a PM telling him I was calling the police, he in turn sent paypal for coral and shipping. I recommend everyone take this approach, I have his phone number if anyone needs it please PM me.

Its a shame when we all try to swap corals from around the country and a guy this scams everyone now a few of will never probably have enough faith to do this anymore.

smiller 01/27/2007 12:06 PM

I have been in contact with him via PM. He has promised to make things right. While we are not prepared nor do we have the time or manpower or desire to get between every buyer and seller on this site, in this case you can let me know if your situation was taken care of.

I don't like throwing out a blanket statement, but please be careful of dealing with a member with very few posts in their history. Just something to think about. And remember, this is not eBay. You buy and sell at your own risk for the most part.

cokemanmark 01/27/2007 12:32 PM

ok i sent money to gigi4539, BLANKENSHIP76 and bad habit
i am talking to er1c_the_reefer, Buganddoug and RufRidn to work things out

CW from the OC 01/27/2007 12:55 PM

I can't beleive this guy, and his IP, have not been perma banned yet.

BLANKENSHIP76 01/27/2007 01:02 PM

smiller,

I understand it isn't ebay, and please know I have had mostly all good dealings on RC. I know alot of people expect the mods to police the buying and selling, I am not one of those people. This is an informational site, where people can trade and sell small portions to upgrade their own tanks, not EBAY.

It is just a shame when a guy like this runs these schemes, but it is what it is. Thanks for helping everyone, and keep RC as clean as possible.

E-A-G-L-E-S 01/27/2007 01:11 PM

wow 6+ guys.....karma is a mug!!!

you should be a used car salesman:hammer:

DrHank 01/27/2007 06:05 PM

You folks need to get in touch with the FBIs Internet fraud unit. I got scammed about four years ago and they caught the guys. The court has been paying me back a little at a time. Good luck!

cokemanmark 01/27/2007 06:35 PM

hey i have now got thing straight with gigi4539, BLANKENSHIP76, bad habit and RufRidn
i am going to ship to Buganddoug on wed as he requested