Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Upstate Reef Society (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   I think I'm having a stroke !!!!!! (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1284359)

Capt_Cully 01/02/2008 04:30 PM

I think I'm having a stroke !!!!!!

So excited. Just got my new bulbs in from reef geek. T5's and the last halide I needed to make the change over.

Enter my neice and nephew 9 & & from California. Never seen my tank. Holds their interest for oh....5 minutes. Then, Let's trash Uncle Mark's house and chase the dogs around. I think you can see where this is going......

CRUNCH! My father goes "Uh-oh, geeze, I hope those we'ren't light bulbs"..... :blown:

I think I'm having a stroke!!! One of the bulbs was back ordered, just got them after waiting a month.

Bobtail1075 01/02/2008 04:38 PM

WORDS COULD NOT EVEN HAVE BEEN SPOKEN. HOLY [profanity].. Good luck trying to get the bulb again.. That sucks so bad..

jjjo 01/02/2008 04:45 PM

[profanity] that sucks man. good luck with that

[COLOR=blue]Reef Central is a family friendly board that caters to all ages. Profanity, even when spelled creatively, isn't welcome here. --beerguy[/COLOR]

Gary Majchrzak 01/02/2008 05:23 PM

Being a full time father with two kids, all I can safely say here is suck it up Uncle Mark. Soon they'll be back home on the west coast. And think about all these precious memories that will last a lifetime.... :D

Capt_Cully 01/02/2008 05:43 PM

Oh, I'm cherishing this memory as we speak Gary!

As I thought about how my brother never appologized or anything, I reminded myself of a time 21 years ago..... I totalled his 1972 Datsun 240Z while he working in England. When he flew home to surprise my parents for Christmas, that's wasn't the only surprise. Atop the snow covered driveway wrapped nicely in a blue tarp, was my gift to him.

I'm gonna take the high road and call it even.

Gary Majchrzak 01/02/2008 05:52 PM

Wrecked light bulbs vs. a totalled Z car.
hmm.

It's nice of you to take the high road! :lol:

bjromaine 01/02/2008 07:51 PM

That loss really sucks big time. I have learned with light bulbs for my tank, not to open them until I am ready to install them...not much to see until in place and power on anyways....
Good luck, maybe this time they won't get back ordered.

belgian_waffleman 01/02/2008 10:09 PM

When you have younger kids, you should keep any valuable, dangerous or breakable items at least 6ft of the ground or bolted down.;)

Sorry to hear you had to find out first hand. Accidents happen....at least no-one got hurt.

Waffleman

Krazy 01/03/2008 07:27 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11506572#post11506572 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gary Majchrzak [/i]
[B]Wrecked light bulbs vs. a totalled Z car.
hmm.

It's nice of you to take the high road! :lol: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, your even now for sure!!

:lol:

Capt_Cully 01/03/2008 09:38 AM

I can laugh about it now 24hrs later. It's just that I waited so long to get them. Pulling them out of the box was like Arthur pulling Excalliber out of the stone. Then, smasho!!! Blood-clot immediately sent to brain!!!!

Got a new one on the way, no harm done. Overall a good learning experience. And you're right, no one got hurt.

Capt_Cully 01/10/2008 05:47 PM

OK, lets try this again. New bulbs arrived today. They will be remaining in the box until the change over can be arranged.

Lesson learned!

KurtsReef 01/10/2008 10:03 PM

Once you have young ones running around your house, you cannot keep anything. they will find a way to hide or destroy it.

Sorry to hear about the bulbs, but at least the kids did not get hurt...right?