Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Buyer/Seller Feedback (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   dont deal with do6151--- doesnt refund your money ! (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903227)

Krazy 08/09/2006 05:30 AM

dont deal with do6151--- doesnt refund your money !

TAKES YOUR MONEY THEN WILL NOT GIVE IT BACK !!!

DAN I EXPECT MY $100 BACK, YOU NEVER SAID IT WAS A NON-REUNDABLE $100 !!!

I EXPECT THIS MONEY BACK !!!

PEOPLE I'D STEER CLEAR FROM THIS SELLER, IF HE REFUNDS MY MONEY THEN BY ALL MEANS I WILL REMOVE MY FEEDBACK BUT UNTIL HE DOES, I HIGHLY STATE THAT YOU NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER, TAKES YOUR MONEY THEN DOESNT REFUND WHEN THINGS DONT WORK OUT !!!! (tries to tell me it is non refundable, uh dan by law, I would have had to sign something to agree to that and also you would h avehad to let me know up front it was non-refundable)

d06151 is the seller (Dan)

wav3form 08/09/2006 06:50 AM

What didn't work out? What did you buy from him?

MJAnderson 08/09/2006 08:24 AM

If you gave a deposit and then didn't buy the item, why would you expect your money back? That's the concept behind a "deposit".

ek9vboi 08/09/2006 10:56 AM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7906110#post7906110 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MJAnderson [/i]
[B]If you gave a deposit and then didn't buy the item, why would you expect your money back? That's the concept behind a "deposit". [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, don't waste people's time. Not to mention, you did not explain the situation either, so who do you think people are going to go with? Its a 50/50 if you ask me.

Krazy 08/09/2006 11:03 AM

I paid him $100 to "HOLD" the setup for me, I paid him on the 22nd, with arrangements to pick the tank up within 2 weeks , I tried for saturday, DIDNT WORK FOR DAN, tells me only if your here at 630am... OK next weekend then, I tried to set it up, he says only sunday or weekends, I work 60rs a week, I say ok I have to back out then, I want my $100 back, now all of a sudden I can pick the tank up this saturday.. This is a 4.5 hr drive for me 1 way, I am/was going out of my way to get this tank/setup and make it happen, I told my ride the deal fell thru, and then now I can pick it up. Its just to much of a damn hassle, I hate to trash people, but I honestly feel I should be refunded my $100 as I didnt waste anyones time, I TRIED TO GET THE TANK regardless of what dan says, I have all his emails... I DID TRY TO WORK WITH HIM. but at this point with the tensions between us, It'd be best to just not get the tank and get the $100 back

jimsta 08/09/2006 11:29 AM

If you gave him $100 to "hold" it for you then you shoul not get the 100 back. That 100 was for him to hold it for you, if you did not come get it then he keeps the 100 bucks for "holding the item". He could have sold it to other people within those 1-2-3-4 weeks (or however long it was). So he might have missed out on other buyers that wanted the tank, so his "TIME" was kind of wasted.

I have been screwed many times before, rather it be ebay, reefcentral, other forums. And I am BIG on not letting it happen to others, but in this case he was right.

Sorry

do6151 08/09/2006 12:08 PM

Thank You

Here is the reason he gave me. ( She is the ride that was going to bring him to pick up the tank.)

"she called and she said she was going to hudson valley for a reef meeting so I'm tagging along with her for the event.. Please just refund the $100 and I will put a good word up for you with the sale of the tank, this is just wayyy 2 stressfull to find a ride etc, not to mention its a 4.5 hr drive 1 way, my girlfriend is naggin me over it as well, at this point it just isnt worth it anymore"

Bono 08/09/2006 12:46 PM

This should be in the buyer/seller feedback section only. And it's not to cool that you look up all every other thread Dan has and try to beat him up.

fishieness 08/09/2006 12:47 PM

im just going to say one quick thing and that is all. in fact, i dont think ill even come back to the thread.
okay: well 2 quick things. lol. first of all, shouldnt this be in the feedback forum?
but besides that, refunding the money on the hold, although it may not be necessary, i think it would be moraly the right thing to do.

whirley 08/09/2006 01:12 PM

I totally agree with fishieness, but I'll add one more thing...How did you pay him? Cash, check, paypal?

I always use Paypal...it just gives taht additional amount of insurance.

whirley

BrianD 08/09/2006 01:30 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7907615#post7907615 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scubby [/i]
[B]This should be in the buyer/seller feedback section only. And it's not to cool that you look up all every other thread Dan has and try to beat him up. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, it is not acceptable. Krazy K, I would advise you to make your point in feedback and leave his other threads alone or your account will be suspended.

Krazy 08/09/2006 01:35 PM

well I'm sorry some of you disagree but if it were your money not being refunded, you'd be angry as well..

I payed with visa through paypal.. Both have been contacted and I should be gettin a refund :)

Thanks to those who agree with me !

quote from do6151 :

Re: 90 gallon setup
Also remember i am no longer in the saltwater fish hobby so you can trash me on this forum all you would like...

nice seller!

MacnReef 08/09/2006 02:13 PM

It seems to me like you paid him to hold it and he held it until you decided you didn't want it. Why should he be forced to take something on the market for x amount of time and not be compensated for it. Especially for your stupid reason...who can't get someone to give them a ride? If you are of driving age, rent a truck from Uhaul for $20 and go get the damn tank.

I say, if you don't go get it, then you paid him to take it off the market for a time period. BTW, I have been through quite a few disputes through paypal, won them all but I must say, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Mike

Krazy 08/09/2006 02:19 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7908082#post7908082 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MacnReef [/i]
[B]It seems to me like you paid him to hold it and he held it until you decided you didn't want it. Why should he be forced to take something on the market for x amount of time and not be compensated for it. Especially for your stupid reason...who can't get someone to give them a ride? If you are of driving age, rent a truck from Uhaul for $20 and go get the damn tank.

I say, if you don't go get it, then you paid him to take it off the market for a time period. BTW, I have been through quite a few disputes through paypal, won them all but I must say, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Mike [/B][/QUOTE]

I used visa so no matter what I win.. Yeah u-haul for 20 is cool , but the 1.00 per mile on a 500mile round trip makes that very not worth it... I have a car, not a truck or mini-van... You all side with the seller because he says he was available... I tried to pick that damn tank up twice... and he wasnt available, it wasnt until I asked for my money back he said oh now u can come get it... People say what ya want... I dont care, paypal and visa will get my money back and that'll be my learning lesson...

ek9vboi 08/09/2006 02:22 PM

He will get his money back from paypal unfortuantely. I hate people like Krazy K, nothing but a bunch of scammers. Stop wasting people's time and get a life.

We don't care that you are getting out of the hobby, just don't go out as a scammer.

If I was Dan, I would ship a box of rocks or even newspaper with a tracking number so when paypal asks him for a tracking number you dont get anything. All paypal works on when getting a refund is if there was a tracking number or not. simple as that... you have gotten lucky... so acting like a [profanity] now.

ek9vboi 08/09/2006 02:24 PM

The only reason why we went with the seller is because of your attitude. If you would have stated the problem and what happen, we wouldn't have thought of you as a whiner.

Stop posting to the thread if you don't care. Have a good day.

Krazy 08/09/2006 02:26 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7908127#post7908127 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ek9vboi [/i]
[B]He will get his money back from paypal unfortuantely. I hate people like Krazy K, nothing but a bunch of scammers. Stop wasting people's time and get a life.

We don't care that you are getting out of the hobby, just don't go out as a scammer.

If I was Dan, I would ship a box of rocks or even newspaper with a tracking number so when paypal asks him for a tracking number you dont get anything. All paypal works on when getting a refund is if there was a tracking number or not. simple as that... you have gotten lucky... so acting like a ***** now. [/B][/QUOTE]

thanks for bringing this up, I just copied it to paypal and they also already know that this was an item to be picked up in person...

MacnReef 08/09/2006 02:29 PM

KrazyK won't win. The decision will be that he must arrange for it to be picked up since that was the sale agreement. Visa might temporarily refund your money but they will go after paypal, once paypal provides the proper documentation stating that you agreed to pay for an item but never went and got it...I think KK might run into a little trouble there.

Either way, you got a bad name on RC now so you handle this as you see fit. You should have thought about the long road trip before you agreed to buy something you had truely no intentions on going to get. If he is saying he is available now, go get it...whats the hold up?

Mike

Krazy 08/09/2006 02:31 PM

the hold up is the tensions, why do I wanan go get it now after all this BS

MacnReef 08/09/2006 02:33 PM

Um, because you agreed to buy it. So what there is tension, unless you are scared he is gonna whoop your butt for putting him through this.

I assume he is a decent person, just like most people on RC, so I think you guys should work this out like adults.

Mike

MJAnderson 08/09/2006 02:34 PM

Shame that Dan gets the shaft on this is Paypal/Visa does give the money back. I think it would be a good lesson for Krazy before he tries to buy a car/house/appliance/anything else in the real world and demands his deposit back.

Part of the perils of dealing with people over the internet. Sorry Dan!

do6151 08/09/2006 02:35 PM

This didnt have to get like this

No tensions. I dont want to go threw all this for a $100 deposit i want this stuff gone and untill this crap is over i cant sell it. You and i are both adults. I have bad feeling towards no one, life is just to short.

Krazy 08/09/2006 02:39 PM

Dan,

you think I want to deal with this myself... NOPE... But if you honestly told me up front the $100 was NON-REFUNDABLE then I wouldnt have even questioned it... I'm not getting into it on here anymore and the mods should just delete the posts.. .. I sent ya a PM and we can keep it in PM's... I'm done with the arguements...

BrianD 08/09/2006 02:40 PM

I have been asked to remove this thread by one of the parties. If the other person PMs me and agrees to that request, I will do so.

I am posting this here so everyone who has participated will know we didn't delete a post based on one party's request.

cschweitzer 08/09/2006 02:51 PM

Hey, I understand where KK is coming from. I've had many deals fall through, but never has someone kept money of mine for nothing. Time may metaphorically be money, but in reality is not. The way KK comes at it is that he had time and ride to get it, but the seller was not available. When the seller finally became free(seems like over the two week period of pick-up) he had already been told to give the money back. The one post that the seller has put on this board has been in reference to a pm that was written well after the sale was supposed to occur. I would like to see the posts leading to that before I get all siding with the seller. Where were the posts/e-mails where the whole issue came from before the tank. Who cares if he had a ride later on...if he had a time period and the seller could not meet that time period, the customer is not in the wrong. If they had established or arranged times beforehand, that would be one thing.

I'm not sure who's side I am on as of yet, but the seller has not proved to me through one quote that the buyer is in the wrong. The buyer is the one with a grievance, not the seller. There is probably(usually) a reason for that and it's usually not that the seller got screwed. I don't understand why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of the seller. Besides, this is not a commercial deal with contracts or with taxes and it is not like a lease where it must be upheld. It is an agreement between two members. I agree completely that the moral thing to do is return the money. KK, you have lost no credit in my mind. This is supposed to be a hobby, not a place to profit. People back out of deals all the time and even if KK did back out, it happens. Why try to profit off of opportunity here at RC?? What did you do to deserve $100, Dan? You held onto a setup that was already yours with no extra work involved on your part...that doesn't seem to be worth $100 to me, maybe $1.