Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   More Buster abuse (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1291705)

BrianD 01/11/2008 05:19 PM

More Buster abuse

Notice his box of toys.

[img]http://www.daniell.us/busterblanket.JPG[/img]

beerguy 01/11/2008 05:22 PM

He looks like he's "sleeping it off."

dc 01/11/2008 05:57 PM

Poor dog!

BrianD 01/11/2008 06:03 PM

One of those toys is from a mean old RC admin ;)

beerguy 01/11/2008 06:06 PM

:lol:

If that was my dog he'd have eaten, and passed, that long ago.

BrianD 01/11/2008 06:10 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11577690#post11577690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by beerguy [/i]
[B]:lol:

If that was my dog he'd have eaten, and passed, that long ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

If you look very close to the box, there is a yellow object. That is a yellow plastic chicken. He had about 4 of those at one time, and destoyed/ate all of them but one. He loves that toy, and seems to know that if he destroys that one, there isn't a replacement. It is the only hard plastic toy he takes care of.

Nina51 01/11/2008 06:22 PM

buster needs a bigger toy box. hang in there little buddy, aunt nina is coming to get you.

BrianD 01/11/2008 06:31 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11577836#post11577836 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nina51 [/i]
[B]buster needs a bigger toy box. hang in there little buddy, aunt nina is coming to get you. [/B][/QUOTE]

I doubt you have the time to cover him up and make sure he is all "snuggly" 20 times a day, or take him to the pet store for his biweekly bath, or to the local farm supply store to pick out the newest collar fashions.

I keep telling my sister to stop spoiling him. He is going to forget whose dog he is.

pnosko 01/11/2008 06:31 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11577728#post11577728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD [/i]
[B]He had about 4 of those at one time... It is the only hard plastic toy he takes are of. [/B][/QUOTE]Or maybe after three, he learned how painful they are to pass. :lol:

Nina51 01/11/2008 06:32 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11577904#post11577904 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD [/i]
[B]I doubt you have the time to cover him up and make sure he is all "snuggly" 20 times a day, or take him to the pet store for his biweekly bath, or to the local farm supply store to pick out the newest collar fashions.

I keep telling my sister to stop spoiling him. He is going to forget whose dog he is. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=4]ANOTHER REASON TO QUIT MY JOB!!!![/SIZE]

BrianD 01/11/2008 06:33 PM

I would like to have my sister's.

crp 01/11/2008 07:19 PM

Re: More Buster abuse

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11577354#post11577354 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD [/i]
[B]Notice his box of toys.

[img]http://www.daniell.us/busterblanket.JPG[/img] [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't help but smile when I see that picture.

BrianD 01/11/2008 07:33 PM

I see that picture, and I think of all the dogs that are chained up outside with little or no involvement with their owners. I wish all dogs could have a Buster life.

pnosko 01/11/2008 07:36 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11578363#post11578363 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD [/i]
[B]I think of all the dogs that are chained up outside with little or no involvement with their owners. [/B][/QUOTE]Nor a John Deere blanky.

jpfelix 01/11/2008 07:37 PM

so you think buster is happier than the lab pup across the road in the 4x5 chain link kennel? what dog doesn't want to be outside all the time?

BrianD 01/11/2008 07:40 PM

LOL, I imagine that came from the farm supply store when they went collar shopping. Speaking of collars, I draw the line at pink collars or ones with flowers. My sister knows which ones won't pass inspection.

BrianD 01/11/2008 07:45 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11578390#post11578390 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpfelix [/i]
[B]so you think buster is happier than the lab pup across the road in the 4x5 chain link kennel? what dog doesn't want to be outside all the time? [/B][/QUOTE]

I used to live next to a family who claimed to be scared to death of dogs. This was back when I had Conan and Fannie. After their two girls got to know Conan and Fannie, they decided they loved dogs. They ended up getting a golden retriever (named Buddy, of course) that they kept in a dog pen next to their house. The ONLY time that dog ever got out of the pen was when I got it out to let it play with Conan (Fannie wasn't too interested). It was such a nice dog, but totally ignored. I was glad when they found a different home for it.

JokerGirl 01/11/2008 07:45 PM

He looks so spoiled!!

jpfelix 01/11/2008 07:48 PM

at least my neighbor lets it out once a day to chase the horse.

i've never understood why you'd have a "pet" cat or dog that you don't want inside. for us pets are part of the family. so unless we're sleeping outside....

JokerGirl 01/11/2008 07:53 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11578465#post11578465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpfelix [/i]
[B]at least my neighbor lets it out once a day to chase the horse.

i've never understood why you'd have a "pet" cat or dog that you don't want inside. for us pets are part of the family. so unless we're sleeping outside.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I completely can sympathize with that. Our old room mate brought home a boxer one day without our permission. Needless to say, it wasn't a dry mouth boxer, but a drooler. It got to the point to where it tore up the house enough that we pretty much required him to leave the dog outside when we weren't home. Our room mate got to the point where it stayed outside permanently. I felt deeply for the poor pup, but our room mate was one of those people that if you care for it once... it becomes your responsibility solely. Unfortunately because of the irresponsible nature of our room mate, we couldn't do anything but sit back and watch. It killed both of us inside. Thankfully he doesn't live here anymore, so when we decide to get a dog of our own it'll be spoiled senseless like everything else in this home.

BrianD 01/11/2008 08:35 PM

That is one difference between Buster and Conan and Fannie. Buster doesn't drool. Conan and Fannie would leave a puddle when you offered them a treat. Buster is so atypical of normal boxer behaviors.

JokerGirl 01/11/2008 08:38 PM

We ended up calling a Boxer Rescue on our Room mate because of the way he was treating Tyson. He was a cute dog, but the drool was more than I wanted to mop up after. This dog left puddles everywhere, and if he shook his head it would end up all over you and the walls. Ick!

Nina51 01/11/2008 08:43 PM

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11578465#post11578465 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jpfelix [/i]
[B]at least my neighbor lets it out once a day to chase the horse.

i've never understood why you'd have a "pet" cat or dog that you don't want inside. for us pets are part of the family. so unless we're sleeping outside.... [/B][/QUOTE]

i knew a guy who used to let his aussie out to chase his horse. the dog ended up with a hole in his head in the shape of a hoof. he had to be put down immediately.

[QUOTE][i]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11578440#post11578440 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD [/i]
[B]I used to live next to a family who claimed to be scared to death of dogs. This was back when I had Conan and Fannie. After their two girls got to know Conan and Fannie, they decided they loved dogs. They ended up getting a golden retriever (named Buddy, of course) that they kept in a dog pen next to their house. The ONLY time that dog ever got out of the pen was when I got it out to let it play with Conan (Fannie wasn't too interested). It was such a nice dog, but totally ignored. I was glad when they found a different home for it. [/B][/QUOTE]

when i lived in town, the neighbor across the adjoining fence had to have a GSD. it didn't matter that they NEVER touched the dog, they had to have one. in the years i lived there, they went through 3. every single one of them became neurotic to the point of doing nothing but pacing up and down the fence from daylight to dark. and bark. OMG those dogs could bark. poor things were completely ignored by their owners.

they had them, one at a time. there was a trench dug where they paced. they kept a hopper feeder full and a bucket of water. i rarely saw them go into the yard. the last dog lay dead for 2 full days before they realized she wasn't just sleeping. :(

marie 01/11/2008 09:32 PM

That is definitely abuse, everyone knows boxers need a couch

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/mariesnell/trixie001.jpg[/IMG]

jpfelix 01/11/2008 09:34 PM

[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a18/jpfelix/lol/funny-pictures-take-my-hand.jpg[/IMG]