Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Lounge (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Trying to get 50 posts so I can buy frags??? (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687781)

Scuba_Dave 10/12/2005 08:42 PM

Trying to get 50 posts so I can buy frags???

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rangerfan [/i]
[B]trying to get 50 posts so i can buy frags ridiculous [/B][/QUOTE]

Anyone know what this is about?

Saw him post this 2x, maybe a seller will not sell to a newbie?

TheBimbo 10/12/2005 08:49 PM

Hmmm, I'm thinking he was lost :lol: if it's the same one that I replied to anyways...

TheBimbo... :)

carpetride 10/12/2005 08:50 PM

I think they limited the ability to open a new account and start selling stuff.

talksalt 10/12/2005 08:51 PM

50 posts is far fetched from other forums that I am used to. I hang out on a popular forum that only requires 10 posts to post in the sales forums. Then again, that forum has top notch mods to keep things under control, not mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes.
I have been trying to get 50 posts so I could post my request for a trade on a light I have but to make senseless posts would make me look even MORE rediculous. My 2 cents....

Scuba_Dave 10/12/2005 08:52 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by thebimbo [/i]
[B]Hmmm, I'm thinking he was lost :lol: if it's the same one that I replied to anyways...

TheBimbo... :) [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah you replied to him ...he was lost in the lounge ;)

pjhaddock 10/12/2005 08:52 PM

Yeah you have to have 50 posts to use the trading and selling forums... Too bad he cant make his post count with useful information and helping others with info that he knows...maybe he does not know anything!!?? :p

pjhaddock 10/12/2005 08:53 PM

Keep making posts like that and you fill find that your post count goes back to zero... :rolleyes:

BLKTANG 10/12/2005 08:54 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Scuba_Dave [/i]
[B]yeah you replied to him ...he was lost in the lounge ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: he will never get 50 now!!!

pjhaddock 10/12/2005 08:55 PM

Not once Buster gets ahold of em!! :eek1:

Anemone 10/12/2005 09:00 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by talksalt [/i]
[B]50 posts is far fetched from other forums that I am used to. I hang out on a popular forum that only requires 10 posts to post in the sales forums. Then again, that forum has top notch mods to keep things under control, not mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes.
I have been trying to get 50 posts so I could post my request for a trade on a light I have but to make senseless posts would make me look even MORE rediculous. My 2 cents.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Interesting perspective from someone here a month. FWIW, RC's mission is the exchange of reef-related INFORMATION. The Selling and Trading Forums are a perk, added as a service to our members. There are way too many people who just want to come to RC and sell, and frankly, that adds nothing to our mission.

Hmmm, let's see, if you make 10 posts a day, you can get to the 50 post minimum in 5 days. The wealth of topics on RC would seem to make making 10 posts THAT ACTUALLY ADD TO THE TOPICS fairly easy and painless to do. Of course, if that's too much trouble, perhaps a poster really doesn't need to sell or trade their items here anyways.

The folks bent on using RC just to make a buck are the ones who caused the 50 post minimum rule. This rule slows [i]them[/i] down quite a bit. Sorry if it makes things inconvenient for you.

Kevin

talksalt 10/12/2005 09:06 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anemone [/i]
[B]Interesting perspective from someone here a month. FWIW, RC's mission is the exchange of reef-related INFORMATION. The Selling and Trading Forums are a perk, added as a service to our members. There are way too many people who just want to come to RC and sell, and frankly, that adds nothing to our mission.

Hmmm, let's see, if you make 10 posts a day, you can get to the 50 post minimum in 5 days. The wealth of topics on RC would seem to make making 10 posts THAT ACTUALLY ADD TO THE TOPICS fairly easy and painless to do. Of course, if that's too much trouble, perhaps a poster really doesn't need to sell or trade their items here anyways.

The folks bent on using RC just to make a buck are the ones who caused the 50 post minimum rule. This rule slows [i]them[/i] down quite a bit. Sorry if it makes things inconvenient for you.

Kevin [/B][/QUOTE]
Thanks for your reply and I understand your output on it. This is not an inconvenience for me. I am not here to only make a buck. You wouldnt believe the amount of information I have learned from these forums alone. I do not have a goal to make 10 posts a day, My goal is to make quality posts. Postcount to me means nothing. I have been a member on another board for 4 years and only have ~1200 posts. I guess spending about 5 hours a day on this board isnt enough :p

<edit>And what does my length of time have to do with anything? Just an easy "In your face" type comment? Please explain as I am confused on what that actually has to do with.</edit>

Anemone 10/12/2005 09:08 PM

If you're learning something from the Lounge, I pity you... :D

Kevin

talksalt 10/12/2005 09:10 PM

[b]Snipped from above[/b] ///edited after your last post.
And what does my length of time have to do with anything? Just an easy "In your face" type comment? Please explain as I am confused on what that actually has to do with.

TheBimbo 10/12/2005 09:10 PM

[B]If you're learnig something from the Lounge, I pity you... :D

Kevin [/B][/QUOTE]

:lol: Hey I've gotten some great recipes, jokes and tons of things from The Lounge Mister!!! :D

TheBimbo :rollface:

talksalt 10/12/2005 09:13 PM

I dont browse by Forum, I click the get latest feature like I do on all forums. If I see a topic that is of interest to me, I check it out. Thats the reason why I am posting in the lounge.

Anemone 10/12/2005 09:14 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by talksalt [/i]
[B][b]Snipped from above[/b] ///edited after your last post.
And what does my length of time have to do with anything? Just an easy "In your face" type comment? Please explain as I am confused on what that actually has to do with. [/B][/QUOTE]

The length of time applies directly to your knowledge of "mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes." Seems like you have a pretty strong opinion of those who volunteer their time for one who has contributed so little of your own.

Now that was an easy "in your face" type of comment.

Kevin

TheBimbo 10/12/2005 09:14 PM

I personally think that it's quite scary out " there " at times ;) ...

TheBimbo...

BLKTANG 10/12/2005 09:16 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by thebimbo [/i]
[B]:lol: Hey I've gotten some great recipes, jokes and tons of things from The Lounge Mister!!! :D

TheBimbo :rollface: [/B][/QUOTE]

I learned about Monkeys,Dogs,Porcupines,Ban Sticks,Blonde Jokes,Great Pick Up Lines,Alaska,& that's just to name a few.

Scuba_Dave 10/12/2005 09:17 PM

I've learned something today!!! Posts in the lounge do not count ;)
Maybe we shouldn't tell them when they come to the Lounge? When we tell them, they leave :(
muahahahahahaha

masterswimmer 10/12/2005 09:17 PM

Well I've learned a lot in the lounge :eek1:
Nothing I would pass on to my kids of course. :D
Just enough information to frighten me from ever attending a MACNA event and possibly meeting lounge lizards in person. :rolleyes: Hhhhhhhmmmmmmm, maybe my humdrum life NEEDS to add some lizards to it!!!!!!!

Must rethink my position, :bum:

Russ

TheBimbo 10/12/2005 09:18 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by EXPEDITION [/i]
[B]I learned about Monkeys,Dogs,Porcupines,Ban Sticks,Blonde Jokes,Great Pick Up Lines,Alaska,& that's just to name a few. [/B][/QUOTE]

And if we need help with our tanks, people in here help us out tooo :D ... Heck we don't ever have to leave here again, right EXPEDITION??? Except for the photography forum... :)

TheBimbo...

dc 10/12/2005 09:18 PM

[B]The length of time applies directly to your knowledge of "mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes." Seems like you have a pretty strong opinion of those who volunteer their time for one who has contributed so little of your own.

Kevin [/B][/QUOTE]

Is that a power trip comment?:lol:

In all seriousness, it's pretty easy to make plenty of good posts in the newbie forum without even trying.

talksalt 10/12/2005 09:22 PM

[B]The length of time applies directly to your knowledge of "mods that have power trips, trigger happy "dont toy with me" attitudes." Seems like you have a pretty strong opinion of those who volunteer their time for one who has contributed so little of your own.

Kevin [/B][/QUOTE]
I am not out to pin you I am just making my statement which falls under free speach.
Has is been through your mind that since my profile says I have only been here a month that I have? FYI, I have lurked for about 3 months before joining. :)
So my right to give my opinion on "SOME" of the mods seems legit to me ;)

Hoggn 10/12/2005 09:24 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dc [/i]
[B]Is that a power trip comment?:lol:

In all seriousness, it's pretty easy to make plenty of good posts in the newbie forum without even trying. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah and I think debi is a good example of this... :D

Hoggn 10/12/2005 09:25 PM

hanging around for this one. :)