Reef Central Online Community Archives

Reef Central Online Community Archives (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coral & Livestock Trading (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Sign ups for frag swap closed (https://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634576)

Stixbaraca 08/10/2005 11:19 PM

amen

rmhuntley 08/10/2005 11:24 PM

I couldn't agree more. This should be more about spreading zoas around and sharing the wealth. I know that when I first got started, I had some pretty plain zoas(I still have them) because I idn't have the cash to get some of the more popular zoas. Lets face it, these little guys can be EXPENSIVE. I think it's the responsibility of each of us to give our best and help people out who don't have access to nice zoas. if you don't like what they offer, as it's been said before, trade them off or trade at the LFS for credit. If soneone doesn't have any "good" zoas, then I feel thats all the more reason to trade w/ them. Help them out a bit. you never know, in the next trade they could have some truely amazing zoas and be willing to share. Anyway, that's just my $0.02

Roy

Scribe 08/10/2005 11:27 PM

Amen.

Stixbaraca 08/10/2005 11:30 PM

I know some if not most of my most favorite zoos came on the heels of mismatch trades...those people that traded with me will never be forgotten if they ever need anything...in turn I try to go out of my way to set up trades with just about everyone who asks!

MBentley 08/11/2005 06:59 AM

It sounds like a lot of people still want to get in on this. Anyway of starting it back up again? I don't have access to the kinds of zoos that are these pics. I had no idea that they could be so stunning.

dcoufal 08/11/2005 08:11 AM

Let's not forget that a pic of an "ugly" zoa in one tank might be an incredible zoa in another tank! Lighting can play a big roll here and I've seen my fair share of morphs occur in a tank after a lighting change. (Heck, I've got some deep greens that are changing to a deep blue since my switch to MH!)

I personally don't care if the other person only had brown zoas to trade... as long as that's all they had to offer - it's fine. After all, you have to frag them when they grow too large anyway.... why not be "share the wealth"? (To quote other's on this thread.)

Dwain

Surfzone 08/11/2005 09:26 AM

i like to pick and choose but seeing as i had no control who i'm paired up with i thought the point was to just get zoos no matter if i already had the colormorph or not. some of my best zoos came browned out. infacr the zoos that i posted a pic of earlier started out brown and now they have shown a florecent ring around the mouth and the skirt is turning a slight green color. thows little guys are awsome and grow like wicked fast.

Crusty Old Shellback 08/11/2005 09:35 AM

I too thought it was all about the trading. I told all of my partners to send whatever, I didn't want to see pic's or hear about colors. Supprise me. I think the only request I made to one or two of my partners was for some dark blue if they had any. One of my partners I had bought 6 frags from earlier this year so we had to discuss colors some as he wanted to make sure he didn't send what I had already bought from him. Other than that, I want to be supprised. Good, bad or ugly, I'll take whatever I get and be happy just because I was able to share some of mine. That and My trades are spread out around the country so I'm sure I'll get something that I don't get over on this side.

I also have some zoo's that are starting to change colors since I switched to MH. I've also got some that are one color under the MH and turn a completely different color under just atinic so it will be interesting to see how they look under someone elses lights.

Surfzone 08/11/2005 09:38 AM

Pot Luck Swap

dcoufal 08/11/2005 09:48 AM

And, the problem with leaving it up to each individual set of "partners" to decide if they want to pick or "be surprised" is....??? ;)

I sent a set of pics out to my "partners" and they can pick whatever they want. If they don't want to pick - fine, I'll just send something... maybe even something I didn't send a pic of if I get something new in before I ship.

As far as the reverse, if they don't want to send pics/can't send pics/want to surprise me - fine, surprise me. Doesn't really matter.

But, let's face it. Some people don't like surprises....

Dwain

Crusty Old Shellback 08/11/2005 09:51 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by dcoufal [/i]
[B]
But, let's face it. Some people don't like surprises....

Dwain [/B][/QUOTE]

I know, and usually they aren't as fun or adventurious. ;)

Scribe 08/11/2005 02:58 PM

angry.clownfish is looking for one more partner. If you are interested, please send him a pm.

celebrityovernight 08/11/2005 08:38 PM

does anyone else need another partner? my partner hasn't gotten back to me in a while.

jerryc 08/11/2005 09:05 PM

I can do one more if someone needs me to just pm me

joseney21 08/13/2005 11:15 AM

pm me, if it's ok with the coordinator (scribe) if you want a partner, i was supposed to be in but failed to send the info to scribe in time.let me know if i can still get in on this......

ahenson 08/13/2005 11:48 AM

Same for me just Pm me and I'll trade with you
Andy

rmhuntley 08/13/2005 07:26 PM

has anyone shipped yet?

Fcwham 08/13/2005 08:59 PM

I thought we were waiting till sept.?

ahenson 08/13/2005 09:03 PM

I'm going to ship monday if the weather isn't crazy.

Scribe 08/13/2005 09:07 PM

The plan was to wait until September to ship, so the weather was a little cooler. If you and your partners decide on some other times, that is fine. Just make sure your partner knows the frags are coming before you mail them.

I think waiting to Sept. will prove to have better survival rates then those shipped now.....It's 99 in philly. I'm sure the USPS trucks are even warmer.

rmhuntley 08/13/2005 09:08 PM

it's up to the partners when they want to ship. it's best to wait until it coosl down a little bit, but if it's fairly cool in your area, then I'd say go ahead if you want to

thebrian 08/13/2005 09:59 PM

September should be much better shipping wise, unless all of the sudden it cools off soon. Even then, I wouldn't trust it to stay cool for the 2-3 days that priority mail takes...

overflowin 08/15/2005 07:44 PM

[url]http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=646166[/url]

anyone ever tried this?

donnie

nitrofish 08/15/2005 11:39 PM

I have never recived any zoanthids this way, so I can't realy say if it works or not. ill ship however my partners prefer

ahenson 08/15/2005 11:52 PM

Does everyone have good bags to ship in? If not their partner could put some in for them. I'd hate to lose out because of cheap ziplock bags.